Integration between Google Home and Nirvana HQ

salilsurendran

Registered
Hello,
Till now I had Alexa and there was excellent integration between Alexa and Nirvana HQ by which I could add tasks straight to my Nirvana inbox. I recently got a Google Home Hub Smart Display and was wondering if there is any way to do the same with Google Home?

sholden

Registered
I don't think Google Home has "email <person> or <email address>" working yet. I just tried it and it didn't work for me.

salilsurendran

Registered
I don't think Google Home has "email <person> or <email address>" working yet. I just tried it and it didn't work for me.
Actually I created the integration just yesterday using IFTTT between Google Home and Nirvana and added 5 tasks into my Inbox. It is the exact way it is done for Alexa and I have both integrations working. You can use this to send an email to your Nirvana inbox https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/digital-home/how-send-email-on-google-home-3661524/

SimmonSydney

Registered
Actually I created the integration just yesterday using IFTTT between Google Home and Nirvana and added 5 tasks into my Inbox. It is the exact way it is done for Alexa and I have both integrations working. You can use this to send an email to your Nirvana inbox https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/digital-home/how-send-email-on-google-home-3661524/

I gave up trying with IFTTT a while ago, but reading this gave me the motivation to try again.

But it just never works for some reason. My app let’s just don’t run :( it must be me

SDH

Registered
@salilsurendran Sorry to backtrack, but you had a connection between Alexa and NirvanaHQ? How? I haven’t been able to find that. Also struggling with getting Siri and NirvanaHQ to play nice together using the IFTTT applet for it.

bcmyers2112

Registered
Also struggling with getting Siri and NirvanaHQ to play nice together using the IFTTT applet for it.

I had the same problem, so I did some research. It appears the problem is that IFTTT doesn't play as well with Gmail as it once did, due to some changes made on Google's end.

The applet is supposed to work by adding something to Reminders via Siri, which the triggers the IFTTT iOS app to automatically fire off an email via Gmail to your Nirvana inbox. But Google made some changes to how third-party apps are able to interface with Gmail, and it appears this IFTTT applet was a casualty of that.

But it's just as easy to set up a contact in my iPhone for my Nirvana Inbox and tell Siri to email something there. That's been working well for me.