Intriguing article on the cognitive science of why scrum works

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
I am continuing my research on the science behind GTD. I am particularly looking at the literature on stigmergy, cognitive science, and GTD. This article starts off with Heylighen & Vidal's paper on the science of GTD. I thought everyone might be interested.

Longstreet

You really need to read this! This is more evidence of why GTD works so well. Cheers!

Longstreet

Here are two recent articles from Professor Heylighen on stigmergy. GTD!

Attachments

• StigmergyIICognSystems.pdf
    337.1 KB · Views: 19
  • StigmergyICognSystems.pdf
    389.9 KB · Views: 17

Longstreet

I've never heard about stigmergy in the GTD context! Thank you!
Here is his article on the science behind GTD. He talks about stigmergy in there too.

Attachments

• Heylighen-Vidal-GTD-Science.pdf
    403.9 KB · Views: 17

mcogilvie

Registered
Regarding stigmergy: I think this is essentially the story of human civilization. I am the beneficiary of thousands of years of accumulated knowledge and thought. When a modern researcher publishes their work, a marker is placed that says “If you come by this way, here is some information that might help.” We don’t know who will come when or even if, but out of this process comes just about everything humans have achieved. I will admit that the ants, bees and termites had the idea first, but they didn’t take it very far.

Longstreet

Regarding stigmergy: I think this is essentially the story of human civilization. I am the beneficiary of thousands of years of accumulated knowledge and thought. When a modern researcher publishes their work, a marker is placed that says “If you come by this way, here is some information that might help.” We don’t know who will come when or even if, but out of this process comes just about everything humans have achieved. I will admit that the ants, bees and termites had the idea first, but they didn’t take it very far.
Very nicely stated! Cheers! :)