iPhone, iPad and windows

Mtk8

Registered
tjhoo;94799 said:
Sounds great, but must you have Outlook on desktop up and running for syncing to occur? If so, then when you are out of the office and Outlook is not running what do you do?

If you're on an Exchange server then no, it doesn't matter whether Outlook is open on your local machine. Your data (calendar items, tasks, notes, etc.) are stored on the Exchange server. The various iPhone apps access the Exchange server to get the data.

--Marc

G

Maybe I'm not outlook savvy enough, but I set up my tasks following the setup guide (nice clear instructions by the way), and then I entered all my 'stuff' from all my current lists (I use basecamp for that right now but wanted something with more flexibility to move among lists).

Then I got to work this morning, and there was nothing there. I entered everything from home, and it appears outlook has local storage of tasks.

Is that right? Am I doing something wrong? I access my work from at least three and often five different computers in a given workweek so this is a non starter for me if its really the way outlook works.

bsarsozo

Registered
"Things" - Does Things sync in the cloud with outlook?

Does Things sync in the cloud with outlook?
Hilldidge;94737 said:
I have been using Things on my iPad for the last few months and was the best thing I ever did to get GTD going again. My lists are starting to attract me again and has put my relationship with GTD on a new footing that I know I will never loose.
It is not web based and obviously very porrtable on your iPad.

apastuszak

Registered
Toodledo

I use ToodledoI as my backed to various front end apps on devices:

iPad - pocket informant
Android phone - Due Today

On the Pc I will either use Toodledo.com or taskunifer or task angel

On my Mac at home usually just use the web site. I did purchase task surfer, but can't say I'm all that fond of it.

nick_ross

Registered
You could try MyLifeOrganized (MLO)

It has a standalone windows program (that syncs with Outlook) as well as synch'ing with an online service.

This, in turn, syncs with an iPhone App and there's an iPad App in the works.

The iPhone App isn't the slickest in the world, but is functional. The real bonus is the Windows program which is incredibly flexible in it's set up.

cheers

Nick

SeanJada

Registered
supergtdman;94214 said:
I don't even think about it and just carry ipad and iphone all the time.
Paper is simply not even an option at all for me :)

Carrying iPad, iPhone, Macbook Air and Windows PC at the same time would be an overkill though. No need for 2 laptops when you can install windows on a mac anyway or use remote desktop, or use remote desktop on ipad.

me also use it. Now a days everyone using mobile phones, ipad and etc

klpneely

Registered
Organize

plaid;95233 said:
I've played with this one a bit, has an ipad, iphone, mac and pc client, also has wifi sync which isn't available in the trial so not sure how well that works. I think it's pretty new but it looks quite interesting:

http://www.taskfabric.com/organizewin.php

After a few months, could you report on your experience with Organize? I'm getting my iPhone tomorrow, which puts me in the category of folks looking for solutions to Windows computer with outlook/exchange and iPhone for my GTD system. After reading this thread I'll look at Toodledo and Things, wondered what you thought of Organize since it's the first I've heard of this one.

Thanks,
Kate

Triggaaar

Registered
I'm also in the Windows + iPhone/iPad camp, any updates here, and has anyone tried Thinking Rock? It's written in Java, so works on Windows, Mac, whatever, and there's an iPhone/iPad app where you can see the state of your projects etc, and add new thoughts when you think of them.

lito0

Registered
Organize HD app

klpneely;97449 said:
After a few months, could you report on your experience with Organize? I'm getting my iPhone tomorrow, which puts me in the category of folks looking for solutions to Windows computer with outlook/exchange and iPhone for my GTD system. After reading this thread I'll look at Toodledo and Things, wondered what you thought of Organize since it's the first I've heard of this one.

Thanks,
Kate

I have been using Organize HD from Taskfabric, very nice application. It is very similar to Omnifocus, and it synchronizes well with my iphone, ipad and home pc. It has a nice feature were you can create tasks from your emails, and also can interact with your calendar (with some workarounds) so that your task can show up as calendar events on the day you need to review them. It does provide good reviewing tools, and you can define contexts and sub-contexts. Overall a good application, nice visual interphase, but poor at creating reports.

OF user

Registered
I use Clear Context, an Outlook plugin at work and OF at home. That being said, I have used OF for both and it does work well with iPad/iPhone. You can even print out OF list and use paper at work.