• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Ipod GTD

  • Thread starter Thread starter dyofanto
  • Start date Start date
D

dyofanto

Guest
Many years ago I`ve been using Palm, PocketPC and Smartphones. Now, I´m simplifing my life. I think perhaps I don´t need many technological toys to track my appoiments, contacts, notes, etc. I´m a Mac user and work as researcher. Many of my references must be printed in paper so I only need datebook, contacts, to-do and notes. Ical and Idisk with syncng between home and work computers may be OK.
Now I´m thinking about dropping my Palm T5 and only use Ical+Agenda+Notes and .mac syncing between computer and Ipod.
 
iPod and GTD

Hi -
I've been using the iPod as a read-only PDA like this. For GTD lists and other frequently-referenced notes, I use VoodooPad (http://flyingmeat.com/) which I can synch to the iPod as notes.

It would be nice to have the ability to manage lists in odd moments the way one can with a real PDA, but I was never able to get good enough at entering data. Using the iPod for reference and making handwritten notes for new input has worked pretty well for me.

-t
 
Ipod for Reference

I did the same and got rid of my PocketPC. I use the iPod to keep track of contacts. I use my plain cell phone to remind me of appointments. Since I am bound to MS Outlook, I use Sperry Soft's product to email my phone (via SMS) for meeting reminders.
 
Starting to do the same

I am also starting to use my ipod in my GTD setup. I use a paper planner, but found it difficult to keep the type of refernce material that I need in paper format and neat. So I created some .txt files that I send over to my ipod. I am able to view the data in them at any time and I basically just use my paper planner to organize my list. The more I think about it, I think that I could impliment a pretty good GTD system with an Ipod and a moleskine - hmmm, that may be something to think about.
 
Top