• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Is Add in compatible with Treo or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr. Coach
  • Start date Start date
D

Dr. Coach

Guest
I'm an executive coach trying to advise my client about whether to buy the add in. I know he uses the newest style of Treo and will want it to be compatible.

I have searched many forums on this subject and am still unclear. Is it or is it not possible to do this and what does it take to do this?
 
Dr. Coach said:
I'm an executive coach trying to advise my client about whether to buy the add in. I know he uses the newest style of Treo and will want it to be compatible.

I have searched many forums on this subject and am still unclear. Is it or is it not possible to do this and what does it take to do this?

Both the Treo 650 and 700W will sync with Outlook, and thus are compatible with the add-in, in the sense that calendar items, next actions, and projects will be available. In both cases, you wil not have the functionality the add-in provides, but the add-in manual clearly explains how to work with a pda. More vexing is the problem of syncing two computers and a pda, and trying to use the add-in on both pc's. Because the add-in's information is not propagated by the pda, this is inadvisable. I would recommend taking advantage of the add-in's free trial to see if it works for your client.
 
I use Windows XP, Outlook 2003, The GTD Outlook Plug-in, and a Treo 650. Works great.
 
Top