Is an intuition the right tool to move all the projects on?

Borisoff

Registered
Maybe that's a stupid question but... David suggests to use intuition to choose a NA to take in the moment. Actually it means that the Projects will be moved based on intuition as well and it means that some of them will be moved, some will be freezed because the others are being moved...

Is there a tool for those who don't have intuition on how to take the right NA and move the right projects or that's where the difference in our behavior comes? :)

Regards,

Eugene.

TesTeq

Registered
Intuition works when...

I think that the intuition works when you've defined the higher level goals and areas of responsibility. If you focus on these goals the decision-making process what NAs to do first is easier and intuitive.

Jacques

Registered
Intuition often beats rational criteria

I'd build on TesTec answer:

Intuition is the best shortcut when you're left with a half dozen of actions among which to choose next.

I would enlarge this : at whichever level of choice, each time you're balancing, adding indefinitenly pros and cons to each alternative, follow intuition, or toss a coin.
The morrow morning, if you slept well : keep that choice :)

But if my intuition was wrong ? Well that would bring a new experience which will improve our further intuitions.

The one who avoids mistakes learns nothing and never grow.​

jpm

Registered
Borisoff said:
Is there a tool for those who don't have intuition on how to take the right NA and move the right projects or that's where the difference in our behavior comes?

My first thought would be there is no single "right" answer. GTD, for me at least, is about two things:

1. Getting everything out of your head and into a trusted system so that it can be tracked and completed. With this comes the requirement of making the mature decision to say no to things that are outside the scope of your bandwidth to do anything about. Anything that you're not willing to commit the time and energy to doing should either be deleted or put on that someday/maybe list.

2. Being presented with the right options at the right times when discretionary time shows up so that you can make a good choice. Sometimes the good choice may be the "right" or "best" choice, but don't allow the search for the best choice prevent you from quickly making a good choice and moving forward.

jkgrossi

Registered
Borisoff said:
Is there a tool for those who don't have intuition on how to take the right NA and move the right projects or that's where the difference in our behavior comes? :)

Regards,

Eugene.

My boss. If it's work related, and I'm not sure, I ask my boss to help me prioritize.

Otherwise, it's hard for me to answer because so far intuition has worked pretty well for me.