• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Is Anyone Using NetCentrics?

I have been using the GTD system for a little over a month now. My company uses Microsoft Exchange. When I first implemented GTD I purchased the Outlook 2010 manual. I now use tasks in Outlook to manage all of my actions. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and an app called “TaskSync for Exchange”. My phone syncs with Outlook email and tasks so I can view/input information anywhere.

I’m considering getting the NetCentrics Outlook add-in. Is anyone using this? If so how is it going? Below are some of my concerns.
1) I can get a free 30 day trial, but what happens to all of my tasks if I decide
not to purchase the add-in at the end of the 30 days?
2) How well does NetCentrics sync with exchange apps?
3) I know that David Allen is working with Intentional Software to create his
own app. When this app is released, will NetCentrics become obsolete? I
would prefer not to start over.
 
3) I know that David Allen is working with Intentional Software to create his own app. When this app is released, will NetCentrics become obsolete? I would prefer not to start over.

No, the solution being created with Intentional Software will not make the Netcentrics GTD® Outlook® Add-in obsolete. You might have luck with your other questions by asking Netcentrics directly. I wish I could help on those, but I don't know the answers!

Kelly
 
Hi Houston88,

Here are some answers for you...

1) If you decide not to purchase the Add-In, the tasks will remain in place in the Outlook data. Removing the Add-In does not remove the Add-In's data alterations.

2) I am not sure what you mean by Exchange apps, but the Add-In works well with the Exchange Server.

Regards,

GTDOA Support Team
 
Top