Is anyone using the new Sony PEG-NZ90 or similar Clie model?

Eric Mack

GTD Connect
I'm working on a new action system for mobile [wireless] devices, and the Sony, while higher priced than most PDAs, looks like the Cadillac model in terms of features. I've not been to town to see one yet, so I thought I would ask here first.

I'm specifically looking for experiences using Bluetooth to Hotsync sand
upload/download of voice clips and mp3's. If anyone has experience to
share about using these with 802.11 networks, that would be great too.

Thanks,

Eric Mack
http://www.ica.com

L

luptonsg

Eric,

I recently upgraded from a Palm V to a Sony Clie NZ90 (what a difference) and have successfully hotsynched with both the bluetooth and WiFi card and web browsed with WiFi.

To gain network access to a PC (for copying mp3s without hotsynching) I believe you will need something like MochaPPP which you can find at www.mochasoft.dk/palm.html. I have not tried this myself yet.

The best source of information on the subject of the NZ90 is the user forum at www.cliesource.com

Good luck
Lawrence

steve

Registered
re: your question. I've been using an NZ-90 running Shadow, to do GTD on the fly. The NZ-90 is fantastic for this. But it is a bit bulky.

I haven't used the Bluetooth yet... but the Wi-Fi card works great for accessing the web and email from Starbucks, or around the house.

-Steve

A

Anonymous

I use the HP iPAQ 5000 series. It will do everything you're looking for without expensive cards--and it's a lot cheaper!.