• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Is it smart to put project in a Milestone category?

Hello I have tested some GTD software and I noticed that some software are using milestones.
I like to know if someone has used mile stones and if it has a effect on the GTD mindset.
By example; I have some "project"

P Test GTD software
-Task 1
-Task

P Notes organization
-Task 1
-Task

P Clean up PC
-Task 1
-Task

The new structure will be;

Project work flow optimization
-Milestone Test GTD software
--Task 1
--Task

-Milestone Notes organization
--Task 1
-Task

-Milestone Clean up PC
--Task 1
--Task

Whit this new method I can collect all project under the name work flow optimization.
But I don't know it this is a smart solution at the risk of pooping-up reminders of stuff to do in the mile stone category
 
Milestones are usually significant points in large projects, and may or may not have deadlines attached. GTD works fine with these. GTD also works fine with project outlines, which may be more in line with what you showed. However, you don't want to do introduce artificial due dates, or even an artificial organization, into your projects. The software you use makes a difference in how you work as well.
 
Top