Is the clipboard a capture tool for you?

M

mochant

I've written a review of ClipMate, an excellent tool that extends the Windows clipboard into another capture tool for my GTD workflow. The full review is on my Marc's Outlook blog.

Have any of you approached the clipboard as a capture tool? Do you use a clipboard manager program?

I'm including a poll here to get a sense of what tools forum members prefer.

sholden

Registered
I am a big ClipMate fan. I use it everyday as a data collection tool and for speeding up my access needs to data I have deemed to be important to me.

Steve

M

mochant

Interesting...

Steve:

It sounds as though you're using ClipMate for long-term filing and access. What sort of information do you find yourself storing and organizing?

sholden

Registered
Re: Interesting...

mochant said:
Steve: It sounds as though you're using ClipMate for long-term filing and access. What sort of information do you find yourself storing and organizing?

My "folders are":
Inbox
Temp Newsletter Editing
Contacts
Tips
Politics
Tech Report News Blurbs
Systems Architecture
Machine Names
Critical Message Links
Codes
Inspirations
Key Information
Pictures
URLs
TypePad
Travel

Typically once a day I go thorugh my Inbox and move stuff that needs to go into the other folders or into Outlook. At least every three months I go through all the folders and make sure that stuff that is in there needs to stay or be moved to Outlook or my file system.

Steve

M

mochant

I'm doing a similar thing

Steve:

This is very much how I'm using ClipMate. The only difference is that I've added a ClipMate review to my weekly review to purge/move/categorize items.

Thnaks for sharing your folder hierarchy. I've kept mine a little simpler:

Inbox (default)
Web
PR
Industry
Internal (work-related)
Blogs
Read/Review
Passwords (encrypted of course)