• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Is there an introduction thread here?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave Navarro
  • Start date Start date
D

Dave Navarro

Guest
I've been looking for an introduction thread and haven't found one yet. Just picked up my copy of GTD and wanted to say hi.

My name is Dave Navarro, and I'm a Rapid Results Coach who specializes in helping business owners and entrepreneurs get "unstuck" from the problems that are holding back their business growth. I am the author of two success textbooks, "The Personal Success Cycle" and "What's Holding You Back?", and my "Results Right Now" newsletter goes out to readers in 22 countries twice a month.

I'm looking at GTD right now to see what I can integrate into my own time management habits ... and I'll be interested to see what everyone on the board has to say about the book.

Enough about me, though. Time to crack open the book. :-)

All the best,
 
Dave Navarro said:
I've been looking for an introduction thread and haven't found one yet. Just picked up my copy of GTD and wanted to say hi.
If by introduction thread you mean a thread with a summary of how to get started with GTD, no, I can't think of one off the top of my head. But since you have the book, take a look at the Workflow Diagram on page 120 to get a sneak peek.

If you can benefit from any of the ideas in the book, you will probably react to them immediately. For me, the workflow diagram was and is the most useful part of GTD; it gave me a structured way to decide what to do with everything that comes at me, whether from others or from my own mind. My organization buckets around the perimeter of the diagram have changed substantially, but the diagram still helps me decide how to handle everything that comes my way, including the commitments I care the most about.

Feel free to post any questions you might have as you read. Good luck!
 
Conversely, if by "introduction thread" you mean a thread where people introduce themselves, we don't seem to follow that particular tradition here. Most first-time posters have some burning issue to address, and that serves as an introduction.

So got any questions for us? We love questions! Or maybe we can argue about who's better: Covey or GTD? *snark*
 
He he ... yeah, I was talking about personal introductions.

And nope, not the guitarist. But I do get tons of his fan email ...
 
Top