Is Toodledo Dead?

Chazr

Registered
Hi all, long time GTD student and user of Toodledo here. Over the Thanksgiving holiday the iOS app for Toodledo stopped working and support says they have over 3,000 tickets in queue. No reply to three requests for assistance and I read a couple of posts asking the same questions on their “forum”. All things seem to point to / indicate a dead product not long for this world? Has anyone heard anything about the product or potential difficulties with the company?

I am a heavy user of their context tags, file attachments and custom search features and have loved the product over the years......until it no longer syncs with my ipad app.

Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement product for use with GTD at an advanced level? (Heavy project support, ~ 40 contexts, customized searches for reviews etc.)

Thanks in advance for any recommendations or information regarding Toodledo.

Oogiem

Registered
Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement product for use with GTD at an advanced level? (Heavy project support, ~ 40 contexts, customized searches for reviews etc.
No clue about Toodledo but I can suggest Omnifocus as a very powerful app. I currently have 48 different contexts, a sozen custom perspectives for reviews and to slice and dice my task list in a way that works for me and as of this am have 172 active projects.

Mehernosh

Registered
Hi all, long time GTD student and user of Toodledo here. Over the Thanksgiving holiday the iOS app for Toodledo stopped working and support says they have over 3,000 tickets in queue. No reply to three requests for assistance and I read a couple of posts asking the same questions on their “forum”. All things seem to point to / indicate a dead product not long for this world? Has anyone heard anything about the product or potential difficulties with the company?

I am a heavy user of their context tags, file attachments and custom search features and have loved the product over the years......until it no longer syncs with my ipad app.

Anyone have a recommendation for a replacement product for use with GTD at an advanced level? (Heavy project support, ~ 40 contexts, customized searches for reviews etc.)

Thanks in advance for any recommendations or information regarding Toodledo.
Hi Chazr,

I had been an avid user of ToodleDo for 4 years. Recently I migrated to "Todoist". What triggered the migration was two-fold:

1st was a Push factor: I was experiencing Sync issues too often. When I needed to look at the lists to engage appropriately, the Contexts did not show the tasks which I would have added from another device.

2nd was a Pull factor: Last week, I conducted a GTD I&I for Todoist for a client. As I was exploring Todoist I realised there were better features, integrations with Gmail as well as Google Calendar, and some more awesome elements which I had not experienced in Toodledo.

Todoist has been my Operating Dashboard ever since, and an absolutely wonderful one at that.

Chazr

Registered
Thanks @Mehernosh that is great info. I have since searched a number of threads from the past and have narrowed it down to Todoist and Nirvana HQ. I've purchased a month of premium and am entering a few projects in each to experiment & explore. What a drag a switch like this creates!

Thanks for and I really like the Omnifocus suggestion but that platform looks to run almost exclusively on Mac and due to what I use at work, I'm tied to MS.