• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

its all jumbpled together.

  • Thread starter Thread starter percent20
  • Start date Start date
P

percent20

Guest
I am mostly done with the book, and am wanting to go ahead and start the process of gathering everything into in to start processing it.

My biggest problem is I am kinda confused.

I am suppose to create lists of projects, someday maybes, incubate and next actions.

So does that mean when I am done i have 4 basic lists?

Then from there I further organize them into @computer, @desk, @home, etc...

the lists thing still has me a bit confused.

Thanks
 
percent20 said:
I am suppose to create lists of projects, someday maybes, incubate and next actions.

So does that mean when I am done i have 4 basic lists?

Then from there I further organize them into @computer, @desk, @home, etc...

Yes, there are 4 basic lists.

Only the next action list is organized by context, since the context defines the resources needed to do the action.

Katherine
 
keep reviewing the book. Read it once to get the flavor, and then WORK through the book the second time slowly. Just like DA said, there is a lot of info in the book. Its more like a little textbook, really.
 
4 key action categories

percent20 said:
I am suppose to create lists of projects, someday maybes, incubate and next actions. ... So does that mean when I am done i have 4 basic lists? Then from there I further organize them into @computer, @desk, @home, etc...
I like to think of there being 4 key action categories:
  • Projects
  • Calendar
  • Next Actions
  • Waiting for
Most people further subdivide Next Actions into contexts, i.e., where it's possible to do them, so that they don't waste time looking at inappropriate work. These are typically @Agendas, @Anywhere, @Calls, @Computer, @Errands, @Home, and @Office.

In addition are folders for project support, and Someday/Maybe.

You're doing great - stick with it. I think it will "click" as you get deeper into it.
 
Top