• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Jott: How are you using it? Reviews? Iphone?

I'm just signed up for the free version of Jott. Seems interesting.

1-How are you using it?
2-What are your reviews of it?
3-Are the $3.95 and $13.95 versions of it worth it?
4-Has Jott made you more efficient?

Anything else that you might comment on about Jott would be great!

Thanks!

John
 
John,

I was a beta user of Jott. I now use the "pay as you go" version of Jott. I think its worth it.

I use it when I'm driving, and need to capture an idea. If you consider not crashing a car "efficient", then yes, Jott makes me more efficient :).

When I'm not driving, I either use paper (pockememo pad) or I send my email account a text message using my phone, or I add the item to my system directly.

- Don
 
Been worth the $14/mo for me

Like the previous responded, I was a long time beta customer of Jotts, but bit the bullet when they released the $14/mo service. It was a soft bullet for these reasons:

- Needed a trusted capture tool when I couldn't write or type (e.g., while driving primarily)
- Use Outlook, so I have heavily used the Outlook task, calendar and email draft functionality. This saves me duplicate data entry

I am in software sales, starting my own business, a devoted husband and father. Anything that helps me capture next actions and calendar events that also integrates seemlessly with the other tools I use is worth paying some price for. It turns at $14/mo for the Jott Pro service is that price.

p.s.> make sure you have other appropriate capture tools. I also use the note taker wallet and my Treo 650 with data viz.
 
Call me cheap or call me someone who is just used to getting something for free. I still use the free Jott. I never did use any of their advanced features, although I'm certain they are invaluable once you start.

It is a great tool in the car or when I have my hands full (I can always talk on the phone with 5 bags in my arms, but I cannot write something down.)
 
Top