• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Just got Add-In but have some questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
This may be a foolish question but how do I group my tasks by Categories?

Example,

Categories: @Work: Waiting For (9 items)

It seems I can click on tasks and "new" to create a new Project. How do I change this to reflect Categories instead of Projects??
 
I'm not sure I understand your question fully.

To group tasks by category would mean to create a view that groups the tasks by category. But, the add-in already installs views that group your tasks by context (@work) or by project, and outlook already has a view by category, so you must mean something else.

If you want to create new contexts, like @work-LA and @work-NY then use Tools/Options/Getting Things Done/Manage Actions/Add, or you can click on the dropdown box labelled Action and scroll to the end for the <add new action> choice.

If you want to add other categories to a task, so that you have it assigned to both @work and 'LA' then you can click on the categories button in the lower right corner of a task and assign it to an existing category or add a new category to the master list. However, I'm not sure how well 1making additional category assignments works with the add-in. I know that if you sync with a native palm, you can only have one category per task, and the add-in's category is the more important one to preserve.

If none of this helps, please expand on your problem description.

Ken
 
Top