Just joined GTD Connect

ivanjay205

Registered
I just joined GTD Connect and am going to start exploring a bit. First thing I noticed is I thought there would be a separate forum etc but I dont see that Other than this one with the new content. So I guess for those that have joined where do you start? I like all are looking to go to the next level and consider myself an average to above average gtder. but I have far from mastered it. Just looking for some guidance on where to start exploring all this additional content.

And I in particular like to listen to content while driving to/from work. What is the best way to find that content to listen to in the car from here?

Thanks in advance!

cfoley

Registered
So I guess for those that have joined where do you start?

My favourite parts are the forums and podcast. I listen to the audio version of the podcast in the car and keep having to pull over to capture things. The seminars are fantastic too. There is an interactive element to them so it is fun to join in live. I join them when I can but lately I have consistently had timetable clashes. Fortunately, they eventually make their way to the podcast, so any missing out is only temporary.

mksilk2

Registered
I love all parts of the forum, I learn so much from how others have implemented GTD whether it be via the podcasts, Slice of Life videos or forum chats. There is always so much to learn and so many different ways to approach the methodology. One way I use the forum, apart from just general interest, is to delve into particular areas of the methodology. For example recently I wanted to improve my tickler file management. Simply searching for Tickler in the forum search brings up a wealth of knowledge. But if that still doesn't cover your particular query, simply post a question in the right forum and you get such immediate and thought out responses. Amazing community...

schmeggahead

Registered
But if that still doesn't cover your particular query, simply post a question in the right forum and you get such immediate and thought out responses.
There is something about looking at other's quests for understanding and solutions that opens my own understanding of the many nuances of using GTD effectively and how to hone my skills. This sort of problem solving can help me flesh out my details & pitfalls of my own use of the methodology (and gives me practice rooting out the indefinite you in my responses).

Trying your hand at how you would solve a particular problem posted to the forum can be a great skill builder. GTD chops require practice and don't come the same way to everyone.
Have fun,
Clayton.

To really study something, teach it to someone else.

Dave Edwards

Registered
@ivanjay205 -
Welcome to Connect. I have found the forums and all the content to be extremely helpful when I need a little inspiration as well when I have a question. imhopemyoumfimdmit helpful as well.
Dave

ivanjay205

Registered
My favourite parts are the forums and podcast. I listen to the audio version of the podcast in the car and keep having to pull over to capture things. The seminars are fantastic too. There is an interactive element to them so it is fun to join in live. I join them when I can but lately I have consistently had timetable clashes. Fortunately, they eventually make their way to the podcast, so any missing out is only temporary.
Thanks I am just getting started on the podcasts. Same thing, I enjoy listening to and from my office.

pittirikant

Registered
I love all parts of the forum, I learn so much from how others have implemented GTD whether it be via the podcasts, Slice of Life videos or forum chats.