• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Keeping Work and Personal Seperate on a Blackberry

Hello - I currently use a palm treo with verizon. My contract is up and I am shopping for a new smartphone. I'll probably get a Blackberry.

Right now, I keep my entire system (execpt for really, really personal stuff) - tasks, calandar, notes - on my work outlook and sync wirelessly to my Treo.

There isn't a policy against keeping your private stuff on Outlook and I mark everything as private, but still I'm a little squeemish about it.

I'm interested in knowing if there is a way to keep my personal stuff off my employers servers and sync both systems to my Blackberry.

Anybody doing anything like this.

Keep in mind that I'm lazy....I'm worried that in the end it will be too much extra work too maintain/sync two systems - especially if one has to be synced with a cable.

Thanks!
 
I don't think, it would really work but if you get to know a solution. Just let me know as well.

Bellaisa;69994 said:
Hello - I currently use a palm treo with verizon. My contract is up and I am shopping for a new smartphone. I'll probably get a Blackberry.

Right now, I keep my entire system (execpt for really, really personal stuff) - tasks, calandar, notes - on my work outlook and sync wirelessly to my Treo.

There isn't a policy against keeping your private stuff on Outlook and I mark everything as private, but still I'm a little squeemish about it.

I'm interested in knowing if there is a way to keep my personal stuff off my employers servers and sync both systems to my Blackberry.

Anybody doing anything like this.

Keep in mind that I'm lazy....I'm worried that in the end it will be too much extra work too maintain/sync two systems - especially if one has to be synced with a cable.

Thanks!
 
Top