• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Labeler suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Can anyone recommend your favorite labeler for file folders? I don't think I'll like the real cheapies because I've been told they're difficult to cut, but I don't really know. I want it to be easy to use, look nice, and be efficient.
 
I love the Dymo LabelWriter 310. A little pricey @ $179 but well worth the convienence
 
I use the Brother PT-2300. For labeling files, I have a memory setting with a blank line and the right width for a manila file (I like it a tad shorter than the built-in size).

After trying models with and without the "autocut" feature, I'd say that autocut is a must have. It really helps getting labels cut to just the right size to quickly file and move on.

I got a refurbished one from for $55 from http://www.imagesupply.com/specials.htm

xdg
 
I recently bought a Brother PT-65 for $20 at Staples. I'm very happy with it. There are several formating options, they are a little tricky to set, lots of codes to press, but I rarely change the format, so it really isn't an issue. It also takes 3/8 and 1/2 inch tape, which can be purchased anywhere. At $20, it was a very good buy.
 
Top