• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Labeller (UK)

  • Thread starter Thread starter JSJ54
  • Start date Start date
J

JSJ54

Guest
Is anyone able to recommend a labeller which I can buy in the UK?

there appears to be a huge difference in price:

US 10$

UK £45
 
I bought a Brother P-Touch 1250 off eBay for £9.99 (plus carriage). Unfortunately the label cassettes cost about £12.00! Swear by it - neat labels, qwerty keyboard....great.
 
I've got the Dymo LetraTag. Twenty pounds from WHSmith or Argos. The labels are cheap enough.

It doesn't have a qwerty keyboard. This takes some getting used to, but it encourages me to keep my labels no longer than they need to be!

Battery life is good - regular AA batteries.

I'd go for this one if I were you.
 
I have the same as Faskham - it is a little twiddly to get used to, but there's a satisfying feel to using it, as it's rather chunky, and it makes a nice whirring noise as it prints! £20 from WH Smith.
 
Another one for the Letratag ..

There seems to be two models of Letratag machines in the UK. My one has a QWERTY keyboard and is more of a "landscape" orientation (I think the ones previously mentioned were more of a "portrait" orientation). So far seems fine, you're not going to touch type on the keyboard though, far too imprecise for that.

I got mine in Rymans and I think it was about £20 too, cartridges about £4 each IIRC.

Font quality is fine for filing stuff ...

I even bought some yellow plastic tape so I could (finally) label all the plugs under my desk - stops me yanking out the CPU when I meant to undo the printer !!
 
I have a Dymo LabelPoint 150 costing £29.95 from Staples. 12mm tape costs approx. £10 for 7m. Seems a good machine, though a little expensive

Neil
 
Top