• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

lateral vs front facing files, boxes vs drawers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Any opinions and reasons for choosing lateral versus conventional front facing files? Also, unless it violates board rules, are any brands better or worse?
 
My personal opinion: go with front facing, unless lateral is actually more convenient from where your fanny is parked in your chair. If you have to twist, you will be less likely to actually file anything.

HTH. Taxgeek.
 
I'm using front-facing files...

...because that's what fits my studio space.

I think I'll stick to front-facing in my next studio because that's what I'm used to.
 
Laterals tend to look better in the room, but I prefer front-facing. I have both in my office. I use the lateral for reference material and files I don't often access. The front-facing is for the everyday stuff. For me, the body position when using a lateral file is just too awkward.

Carolyn
 
Top