• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Livescribe pen usage

Livescribe

I'm more than a little wary about the fact you have to use their paper.
It's not check and at the rate I go through paper..

Also I'm in the UK so don't know about distribution.

That said - They give a free year of Evernote Premium - Which is on my to get list anyway.

You found anymore info?

W.
 
Does it wiretap?

About 90% of the discussions I have are by phone. Does the pen record phone calls? And if so, how does one address the wiretap laws?
 
I have the Livescribe Echo pen

In theory, it's nice because I don't pay attention well so it's great to have a record so I can go back and listen.

In practice, I find that I rarely feel like I have the time to go back and listen again. It has to be super important to get me to do that.

This might just be me though. In general, I take a lot of notes and then don't refer back to them. I tend to have a separate pad of stickies where I write next actions, so they don't get buried in the notes and I can just throw them in an in-basket and process them.
 
Livescribe

I am in the UK and have been using a Livescribe Pulse with I think was the model before the Echo, for the last 2 years.

I have used both the single subject pads and also printed my own paper & bound this into a pad.

I currently use the single suject pads. I try and keep good notes during meetings and mark any next actions with large dot in the lefthand margin, which I then transfer into my system. I only use the recordings if when looking back at my notes I am unsure of the meaning/context etc.

You can also covert the notes into typed text, which is useful if you need to publish minutes/actions quickly.

If I cab be of any further help, let me know.
 
Top