• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

looking for a 10£ Journal (for best quality) [being a person officially diagnosed with ADHD or autism]

If you ever see me buying a $50 notebook, you know I’ve won the lottery. And, even then I wouldn’t do it.

I like any ruled notebook or yellow pad. In recent years, I scan any handwritten notes into my digital system, so the quality of the notebooks don’t matter to me.
i wrote on my phone outside
"“Maybe Dave Edward’s could help show us how to digitalize papers which we didn’t fully feel satisfied with such as writing about iodine in bin? "

it - could help us if he shared his exact system - please here? or has he already posted it somewhere?

also - I would have thought that @gtd solo-studente - would have posted replied here by now - right, what was the reason for not doing so?!

or right now - i could show a picture of my room - where it looks like a 'complete mess on the floors etc, cluttered

and something you wrote above was

i see

"Do your best to empty the clutter . . . step by step"

-and right now i am un able to see/find - my previous writing with @ projects etc in my room which i was writing another user @fooddude (using his template for

- would the nex best thing - to make my bedroom floor space empty? then

what else?

"or does it make more sense- to try to buy 1 very valuble thing (which will holstically improve my life? I - could flip a coin tomorrow? heard ?

send
 
Hi Tim
Maybe it would be best to restate your specific questions one by one. I’m afraid I have as usual no idea what gtd solo studente is on about. Though he seems to be offering advice on how to do a paper gtd system. And religious commentary. I don’t think you want either from him.

What do you specifically want to use a good quality paper notebook for? Is it for the capture and recording of your thoughts and ideas? I think Cal Newport was using his notebook for a specific purpose in relation to his work.
 
Hi Tim
Maybe it would be best to restate your specific questions one by one. I’m afraid I have as usual no idea what gtd solo studente is on about. Though he seems to be offering advice on how to do a paper gtd system. And religious commentary. I don’t think you want either from him.

What do you specifically want to use a good quality paper notebook for? Is it for the capture and recording of your thoughts and ideas? I think Cal Newport was using his notebook for a specific purpose in relation to his work.
@Mark R

All good

Please be well

Thank you for your kindness

Peace

As you see GTD fit. . . .
 
Hi Tim
Maybe it would be best to restate your specific questions one by one. I’m afraid I have as usual no idea what gtd solo studente is on about. Though he seems to be offering advice on how to do a paper gtd system. And religious commentary. I don’t think you want either from him.

What do you specifically want to use a good quality paper notebook for? Is it for the capture and recording of your thoughts and ideas? I think Cal Newport was using his notebook for a specific purpose in relation to his work.

SCANNED OVER

YEAH I agree with this general first paragraph.

'I want to use it - in order to improve my creativity - as 'win Wenger wrote above' - to cause success in my life?
yes capture my ideas and thoughts.

'yes - cal wrote he was using the note book specific for his job (but i am unsure how much exact .

1
 
Just get started. When I reset, I use notecards and continue to use them post reset. This type of paralysis analysis on something like which collection of paper should I use, isn't healthy or productive. Just get started.

They claim I am autistic, so I get this energy, but gotta push thru it.

You should have this question top of mind frequently:

What problem am I trying to solve?

Write that out and answer it in writing. Is this the problem you want to be focusing on?

We can start out with: Start GTD, then find ourselves learning about paper manufacturing history. Nothing wrong with that, if that's what you want to do. But I CAN EASILY hyper focus to my detriment. So back to the question:

What problem am I trying to solve?
Answer.

^ Is this what I truly want to be doing?
 
Just get started. When I reset, I use notecards and continue to use them post reset.
notecards for what?
This type of paralysis analysis on something like which collection of paper should I use, isn't healthy or productive. Just get started.
with using paper, writing - in a cluttered messy room?
They claim I am autistic, so I get this energy, but gotta push thru it.
I know I am ASD , it happened after my v@ccine
You should have this question top of mind frequently:

What problem am I trying to solve?
right , okay
Write that out and answer it in writing. Is this the problem you want to be focusing on?
RIGHT NOW - DISTRACTING MYSELF !
We can start out with: Start GTD, then find ourselves learning about paper manufacturing history.
what? i didn't do that?
Nothing wrong with that, if that's what you want to do. But I CAN EASILY hyper focus to my detriment. So back to the question:

What problem am I trying to solve?
right ? reading
Answer.

^ Is this what I truly want to be doing?
No
 
Top