Looking for a basic list manager

bcmyers2112

Registered
Due to a steep decline in quality and service, I've decided to replace Evernote as my GTD list manager. I would have switched to Wunderlist in a heartbeat but Microsoft has announced it will sunset that product at some point in favor of its new To-Do task manager; I have little faith that To-Do will be a worthy successor. Does anyone know of any list managers similar to Evernote and Wunderlist, both of which I liked for their simplicity and ease-of-use? (If we could I'd like to avoid arguing about whether Evernote's quality issues justify jumping ship, or whether simplicity or power is better in a GTD app. Both of these things are purely subjective and I already know how I feel about them. I'm hoping that some of my fellow GTDers might know of some list managers similar to Evernote or Wunderlist that I can check out. Thanks.)

sesteph6

Registered
I just moved from wunderlist to todoist for that reason. Most similar to wunderlist. Just have to get used to calling lists, projects.

TesTeq

Registered
I'm hoping that some of my fellow GTDers might know of some list managers similar to Evernote or Wunderlist that I can check out.
Did you try Nozbe? Michael Hyatt uses it and IMHO Michael Sliwinski (Nozbe creator) really cares about Nozbe users.

Damian

Registered
I've been a user of Toodledo for many years. It doesn't have some of the bells and whistles that some solutions do. It is however really good at the basiscs. And very configurable to a GTD setup/approach too.

Damian

devon.marie

Registered
I am a huge proponent of Trello, but I am not sure it's exactly what' you're looking for. Maybe it is! If not, Remember the Milk's newest redesign had me very impressed. It can do a lot of really complicated things, but doesn't have to. I like the list sorting options. Though you can't attach files and that has me incredibly bummed.

bcmyers2112

Registered
After mulling it over for a few days I've decided to take my own oft-repeated advice in these forums and stick with my current solution. I've used Evernote for GTD since 2013, and using it has become second nature. Whenever a new challenge demands a new way of managing actions, projects or reference information, a solution seems to present itself in Evernote without significant effort or thought on my part.

If anyone is wondering, the quality issues with Evernote have to do with the company's roll-out of a new iOS app in January. It's been bug-ridden from the start, with some significant bugs still unresolved nearly five months after its introduction. But at this point I've realized outside of a couple of problems I've had I can still get my work done, and the time and effort involved in switching tools would far outweigh whatever inconveniences I've experienced. Unless my hand is forced I'm going to stay put.

Nevertheless I appreciate the suggestions, all of which I've looked into and will consider should Evernote become truly unworkable or unavailable.