• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

looking for a softwarefor implementing GTD

Hi,

I have using for a couple of month GTD quite successfully.
Until now I have only used pen and paper and I find it sometimes a bit long to update my lists so I would like to move on a software. I use a PC with Windows. I do not use Outlook. And it would be a plus if I could move data on USB. I could be also interested if I could install something on my personal website.

I would like to find a software which really implement GTD.

Which ones do you advise me?

Thanks for your answers.
 
MyLife Organized is pretty good, and is well supported.

Tudumo is in beta, but in terms of fully functional, yet elegantly simple design, it looks very promising.

If your personal website supports Ruby or PHP plus MySQL, then you might consider going entirely online with Tracks. or you could consider using a hosted service like Vitalist or Nozbe or Todoist.

Good luck in finding the best solution for you!

Jim
 
Thinking Rock

Try Thinking Rock (TR), this is a Java GTD application, currently version 2.0. It runs on Windows, Mac, linux, etc... It can also be installed 100% on an USB key if you like mobility.

The strength of TR is that it is a application 100% designed to implement GTD, not a task list manager that is "arrange" to become more or less GTD oriented.

And it's free (but a donation is welcome, I have done one as I am using this software as my trusted system since a a few months).

http://www.thinkingrock.com.au


Yannick
 
Top