Looking for an GTD-friendly app that has a 2D Urgency vs Importance (Eisenhower Matrix) view

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by Ship69, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Gardener

Gardener Registered

But I don't think he demands that all of your tasks be in your active lists that you check several times a day. That's what Someday/Maybe is for.

I'm suggesting that you leave the vast majority of your tasks in Someday/Maybe and that you put a tiny subset of them in your lists for the week. That minimizes the daily or hourly reading.

Oogiem likes this.
  2. Oogiem

Oogiem Registered

What about that includes Someday/Maybe things?

Tasks are those you are going to do within some relatively short timeframe. the are you next actions. Some people like only those that can be done in this week, some like these that can be done in a few weeks or a month or in my case (and I am clearly an outlier in this) those things I might be able to do in the next 3 months. That makes MY lists very long but I like them that way.

You hate reading, so make your list of things you have to read daily or more often very, very short, only the projects and actions you will work on this week and do a weekly review religiously.

3. AFG

AFG Registered

This is a good idea.

I should write a macro to do it in OneNote.

4. chirmer

chirmer Registered

Web & graphic designer, marketer
    Home Page:
    Have you tried, in Trello, to make your lists P1, P2, P3, and P4, and use labels as your contexts? You can filter by labels easily, so if you’re at your desk, you hit F (pulls up filter menu) then choose to filter by desk label, and BOOM - your desk tasks are broken out into lists in priority order. And if you use the calendar power-up, list order is what shows on there, so your deadlines will be in priority order, too.

I threw together an uber-quick board to show what that could look like: https://trello.com/b/Scjjf3aW/eisenhower-gtd

I used one for years. Worked well for me with hundreds of active cards! And it makes review easy, because if you’re in a pinch, you can prioritize reviewing your P1 & P2 lists, for instance.