Major Paper Flow, Processes and Systems to be Implemented

A

Anonymous

I've been using GTD successfully for a couple fo years and have had no problem managing my energy and all the various NA's and Projects that come across my plate. Recently I accepted a partnership position at a small and quickly growing contruction firm. My main function at this point is to create systems, procedures, action plans, and various processes to manage all of the work flow of this company including, but not limited to: lead generation, conversion and tracking; customer jobs from start to finish, subcontractor relationships, the entire estimating, bidding, and scheduling process for all jobs, record keeping, coordinating all the financing and draw schedules; and on and on and on. It's a lot of huge things going on at once. There are several binders of information that need to be managed, customer files, bids coming in, requests going out, etc...

My very simple method of GTD lists and filing is not working, I'm inundated and need help with implementing GTD on a corporate level with several functions and people to enroll into the philosophy and use of GTD.

Any suggestions or places I can turn to would be much appreciated. Tom

M

martha

A

Anonymous

I suggest that you try mentally separating GTD from business processes, policies and standards. GTD can help you manage and fulfill your own commitments vis-a-vis the processes in which you are involved, but it is not (repeat NOT) a substitute for a finely-crafted business machine.

You would like to employ GTD in your contributions to the business. However, not everyone involved is likely to be so inclined. The underlying business model and infrastructure must be such that it will work smoothly regardless of the individual contributors' methods used to fulfill their responsibilities (assuming that they actually perform).

Best Regards......WHK