• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Managing declined meeting invitations in Outlook 2000

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
A

Anonymous

Guest
Outlook(2000)/Exchange

I get a great many meeting invitations sent to me, some of which I need to decline because of schedule conflicts.

Occasionally, those conflicting commitments are canceled and I'd like to know that I had previously declined an invitation for the same time slot. The problem is there is no easily manageable way to do this that I can find.

Ideally, I'd like to leave the declined appointment as "Declined: ...." in my calendar so I can reconsider if my schedule changes. However when I decline a meeting it disappears without a trace (except in my Sent folder).

Anyone else find a way to deal with this?

Thanks!!
 
What I do is add as a Tentative, in this way I can reconsider, if I decided to decline, for me means i am not even interested in reconsider...
 
Top