managing projects cds

Mtk8

Registered
I imported mine with no problem. I had to manually name the CD and tracks to have them show up on my IPod as a single entity.

--Marc

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Yes, you should be able to import from the CDs.

And the track names were submitted to Gracenote, if you want to collect them from there through iTunes.

TSouth52

Registered
Transcription of GTD Managing Projects CD set

I purchased the GTD Managing Projects CD set and finding them very helpful. I find I am taking notes of key points I want to implement, but it is very difficult to capture without rewind/replay several times. It would be a great asset that I would gladly pay for if atranscribed copy of the CD contents were available. Would anyone else find this a useful tool? Kelly, is there a possibility of purchasing this from David Allen Co?
Thanks,
Tom

GrantH

Registered
If by chance you utilize iTunes...

TSouth52;86268 said:
I purchased the GTD Managing Projects CD set and finding them very helpful. I find I am taking notes of key points I want to implement, but it is very difficult to capture without rewind/replay several times. It would be a great asset that I would gladly pay for if atranscribed copy of the CD contents were available. Would anyone else find this a useful tool? Kelly, is there a possibility of purchasing this from David Allen Co?
Thanks,
Tom

If you happened to import the CDs into iTunes, select all of the GTD Managing Project tracks (or one at a time) and Get Info. Under "Option" change the Media Type to "Audiobook." You can at least go back 30 seconds, play at 1/2 speed or 2X speed. Plus, it always remembers where you stopped if you check that box. And, you can select "pause" at any time and write/type the thought or note.

The key is to not treat them as imported music but to change their type to Audiobook. If you are not utilizing an iPod, iPod, or iPhone this post probably will not help.