Meetings Video

12hourhalfday

Registered
Barb;69841 said:
So here's a new context: @Beer

hahaha!
I used to have have a biweekly meeting with a friend at a bar after classes. I did a lot of networking there so I ended up with an @bar context!

Barb

Registered
Good one

12hourhalfday;69842 said:
hahaha!
I used to have have a biweekly meeting with a friend at a bar after classes. I did a lot of networking there so I ended up with an @bar context!

@Bar is almost as good as Kelly's @Braindead. Oh wait, I'm in both contexts right this very minute!

Oogiem

Registered
Barb;69841 said:
So here's a new context: @Beer

Just got home from @brewery

Real work does get done there. We checked on folks renting our guest house, arranged for a dinner party next week, got the latest gossip on the big fire that destroyed the town ambulances, update on construction work at our rented building, and planned for painting our other building. :)

@beer makes a lot of things work better.

12hourhalfday

Registered
Sorry - way off topic now :) - How the founding fathers used @beer

Oogiem;69853 said:
Just got home from @brewery

Real work does get done there. We checked on folks renting our guest house, arranged for a dinner party next week, got the latest gossip on the big fire that destroyed the town ambulances, update on construction work at our rented building, and planned for painting our other building. :)

@beer makes a lot of things work better.
@beer is important and is what helped make this country!

The founding fathers knew all about @beer:
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/02/19/tem_sips19.html

TesTeq

Registered
Requirement for GTD coaches?

kelstarrising;69777 said:
The video Barb is referring to, if you haven't see it yet, is this 2-minute coaching video on Meeting Tips.

Great video but I've got one question:

Do all GTD coaches have to memorize what is written on each page of the GTD book? :)

If you've seen the video you know what I am talking about.

Oogiem

Registered
12hourhalfday;69854 said:
The founding fathers knew all about @beer:

The local brewery makes a beer occasionally that is a special based on a Thomas Jefferson recipe that he wrote in a letter to Washington. According to TJ, Washington's beer was too weak and needed some changes and TJ went on to tell him how to improve the recipe. :) It also quite good.

You do have to realize that there were various classes of beers. Small beer is made from the second mashing of the grains and was what the children and women frequently drank. Beer was generally not nearly as alcoholic as modern beers but instead was really a way to preserve grain and boil water making it safer to drink.

Even now the beer is often safer than the water in many countries.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
TesTeq;69858 said:
Do all GTD coaches have to memorize what is written on each page of the GTD book? :)

We don't have to memorize it anymore. We got the key phrases and models tattooed on our arms at the last staff meeting.

Actually, most of the presenters have done several hundred GTD classes by now, so we know the material pretty well!

12hourhalfday

Registered
Oogiem;69865 said:
The local brewery makes a beer occasionally that is a special based on a Thomas Jefferson recipe that he wrote in a letter to Washington. According to TJ, Washington's beer was too weak and needed some changes and TJ went on to tell him how to improve the recipe. :) It also quite good.

You do have to realize that there were various classes of beers. Small beer is made from the second mashing of the grains and was what the children and women frequently drank. Beer was generally not nearly as alcoholic as modern beers but instead was really a way to preserve grain and boil water making it safer to drink.

Even now the beer is often safer than the water in many countries.
I had no idea it was a preservation method. Thanks for the info Oogie, I love learning stuff.

12hourhalfday

Registered
kelstarrising;69873 said:
We don't have to memorize it anymore. We got the key phrases and models tattooed on our arms at the last staff meeting.

Actually, most of the presenters have done several hundred GTD classes by now, so we know the material pretty well!

haha! Key phrases tattooed! That sounds like something that would happen if you spent too much time in @beer. :rolleyes: