Meg Edwards' teleseminar on Weekly Review

R

revmhj

I'm a very visual learner so I would LOVE to see some type of video on the Weekly Review, like short views of each of the steps. I love the book and the audio but sometimes I think it's just not going to click for me until I see it done.

David's video on dealing with distraction was AWESOME. I'd like to see more of that.

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Two in a Row

revmhj;44330 said:
I'm a very visual learner so I would LOVE to see some type of video on the Weekly Review, like short views of each of the steps. I love the book and the audio but sometimes I think it's just not going to click for me until I see it done.

David's video on dealing with distraction was AWESOME. I'd like to see more of that.

I'll second that! I did my second consecutive real weekly review yesterday. I'm on a roll with the help of Meg's tips and tricks.

The biggest breakthrough for me was putting a time limit on myself for both the entire review and the individual parts.

Like David mentioned I find music helps too. Pink Floyd on this end. My review was a little longer that Dark Side of the Moon. Maybe next week.

Mark

cyberscribe

Senior Associate, Next Action Associates
Weekly Review Blitz

Mark Jantzen;44345 said:
Like David mentioned I find music helps too. Pink Floyd on this end. My review was a little longer that Dark Side of the Moon. Maybe next week.

Try The Ramones. Be done in no time.

mbungaystanier

Registered
thumbs up for Meg - and consider working with her

Hey folk

I've had the pleasure of working with Meg as my personal coach for the last few months.

She's as good one-to-one as she is on the teleclass. If you want to really refine your GTD processes and make them both pristine and personalized, then I'd suggest some sessions in person with Meg

Best wishes

Michael

DavidAllen

GTD Connect
The strange thing about the weekly review

One of my big aha's about the Weekly Review was that if someone isn't really doing them, they're actually trying to do them all the time - just never finishing. In other words, there's a part of the psyche that is trying to get that sense of forest management (instead of tree-hugging), so it's sort of reviewing everything all the time in the psyche, but not doing a very good job, so it keeps at it.

So, a great way to think about doing the review (and when to do it) is to think about doing it as a way to stop doing it! (Does that make sense?) You want to finish that thinking process, so you can get on to other things. And, as you probably heard us say in the later chat together, as you begin to do them regularly, you tend to work the backlog down more and more, so you don't have such an enormous task at the end of the week. In my seminars i sometimes joke, "I think once a week". A thorough review lets me be kind of dumb and happy while I'm cruising through all the madness during the week, especially knowing that I'll get back there again. - David

Dave John

Registered
For me it’s Pat Metheny’s “The Way Up” – simultaneously calm, invigorating, evocative, dreamy and masterful. And it lasts 68 minutes too: just right for the review!

Dave