MindMapping Webinar

linuxgeek99

Registered
Kelly and the Connect team:

I just wanted to drop you guys a note on how fantastic I thought the MindMapping Webinar was today. I have been on and off about really implementing Mind Mapping (especially for my Horizons) but this webinar really kickstarted me. Soon I hope to be a mind mapping junkie :)

You guys really do great work and i feel I get every penny of my membership and more.

Thanks,

Joe

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Thanks Joe! We love hearing that, especially how you feel your membership is worth your money. We appreciate that it's an investment and we work hard to bring you unique and useful content.

I'm re-formatting the podcast now and it should be on the Connect home page for replay within a few days, with links from Michael to some additional handouts.

All the best,
Kelly

Barb

Registered
Michael

I second all that. Michael was at the top of his game, too. I'm looking forward to the templates he's going to send.

I use my Mindmanager software every day....I'd be lost without it.

MichaelDeutch

Registered
Awesome!!!

Joe, that's great! Looks like I've accomplished my goal :)

Barb, thanks! And thanks for the email feedback. As I said on the webinar, I love the GTD crowd. It's easy presenting to a group that are already engaged and open to learning and growing!

Colin Shaw

Registered
Great Webinar

Kelly and Mike
I loved the seminar especially the drawing concept I use a Wacom Tablet with my MM and sketch digitally. I have a question for Mike I currently have a MM like Davids that is Colin's World which a sync my outlook to. I'm unclear as to which setting to use to make the map match what is current in outlook. Could you explain that feature. I agree I use my MM everyday all the time.
Great Job
Colin

carlomojica

Registered
Can't wait for the webinar recording

I really wanted to attend, but waking up at 3 AM (here in Asia) was just not possible. Looking forward to the recording though!

cmcantwell

Registered
Inspired by the values

Hi Michael and Kelly,

Like the other comments, I was blown away by the webinar. Great inspiration and pratical applications and tips. But what really impressed me was the clarity of purpose and principles of MindJet and DavidCo as enterprises. I got so inspired I started mind mapping my own 50k level!

Today was truly witnessing great work!

theoconbrio

Registered
I was bummed that today turned out to be a day where the meetings just. would. not. die. I'm looking forward to watching the webinar online!

moriarty2302

Registered
Sadly I had connection problems last night (here in the UK) so couldn't attend - but looking forward to the replay.

I've been using iMindmap from Buzanonline for sometime and love it. I wonder if anyone else has been using it and how they feel it compares to Mindjet. I went for it over Mindjet because Tony Buzan (mindmapping guru/creator) is behind it.

Thanks again for all the webinars - really good!

Carl

jmsmall

Registered
In re Mindjet, I have 2002 version...

What's new in more recent versions, and are they critical upgrades or detail additions?

Jim Small MD PhD
Denver

MichaelDeutch

Registered
2002 and beyond!

Jim,

Hmmm, 2002, I haven't actually used that version.

I started mapping with Mindjet on MindManager 6. This will require a little research back at the office.

Some of the new features in the latest versions include:

Integrated Browser: An integrated browser that lets you open websites, PDF files, and Microsoft Office files inside MindManager. You can even edit the office files while viewing your map. I use this feature when I work on my laptop. You can map out an article and write it in word. Or, do the same for a presentation. There are many ways to use this capability. I've highlighted a few in the Mindjet blog.

Map Sharing: There's a new export called the Mindjet Player. It lets you save your map as a read-only interactive PDF file or a Flash file that can be embedded into websites.

Web Services: There are also some new services that let you perform searches on map topics and the results are presented back in your map as child topics.

Improved Search: The latest updates enable integration with Windows and Google desktop searches.

Task Automation: Tasks information can roll up to parent topics and update automatically when their child topic's change status / % complete.

I'll check later next week to see if there is anything else noteworthy to mention!

For now, my 'next action' is to take a nice drive out to Napa and enjoy the beautiful outdoors!

Have a great weekend everyone!

ChelseaA

Registered
templates

I'm really looking forward to the templates Michael gave during the seminar. Where will they be posted, again? I don't want to miss them! Great and very inspiring seminar!!!

Thanks!

Chelsea

Barb

Registered
Project proposal

I'm using MindManager right this very minute to plan out a very complicated client project and proposal. It is so helpful to lay out the different stages of the project and total up the cost by stage.

I could live without a lot of software programs, but not this one. Not a sales pitch because I don't work there, but it's that frigging wonderful.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Rule of Thumb for Webinar Replays

Hi Folks!

Here is the rule of thumb for all Webinar replays:

It takes us about 2 to 3 business days for us to repackage most Webinars for replay on the Connect site. There is quite a bit of post-production work. We try, when possible, to release it for you:

- as an FLV that will play in the Connect video player
- as an MP3 that will play audio-only version in the Connect audio player
- as an M4V that will be podcasted to iTunes
- as a PDF of the relevant PDF handouts/excerpts (we do not release the entire PowerPoint slide deck)

When the replay is up it will show up in the Webinars box on the home page under "Watch the Archives" with links to all of the above from the video and audio versions.

It will also show up in "Latest Activity" stream on the home page or under the "What's New" button (which is the same as Latest Activity, but longer).

Hope this helps!

Kelly

Barb

Registered
You've spoiled us

kelstarrising;73725 said:
Hi Folks!

Here is the rule of thumb for all Webinar replays:

It takes us about 2 to 3 business days for us to repackage most Webinars for replay on the Connect site. There is quite a bit of post-production work. We try, when possible, to release it for you:

- as an FLV that will play in the Connect video player
- as an MP3 that will play audio-only version in the Connect audio player
- as an M4V that will be podcasted to iTunes
- as a PDF of the relevant PDF handouts/excerpts (we do not release the entire PowerPoint slide deck)

When the replay is up it will show up in the Webinars box on the home page under "Watch the Archives" with links to all of the above from the video and audio versions.

It will also show up in "Latest Activity" stream on the home page or under the "What's New" button (which is the same as Latest Activity, but longer).

Hope this helps!

Kelly

I know you always SAY it takes 2-3 days, but you always under promise and over deliver too...most are up so fast our heads spin. So you spoiled us, Kelly. :) That's ok..we just really appreciate all you do for us.

MichaelDeutch

Registered
Getting the Most out of Mapping - Presentation Slides and Map Template Links

Hi everyone!

The presentation handout and MindManager map templates that I highlighted in the presentation can all be found on the Mindjet blog.

Many thanks for all of your really kind comments & emails! It was a pleasure to prepare and deliver.

I'm now off to GTD so I can see David speak later today in San Francisco!!!

Michael

cmcantwell

Registered
Thanks for the links

Hi Michael-

thanks for posting the links.

I got to meet Michael today at David's SF seminar. And you all you should know he's as genuine and inspiring in person as he came across in the webinar.

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Great Webinar

Thanks for a great webinar guys!

I picked up a number of useful tips and tricks for both mind mapping as well as using Mind Manager.

As a Mac (with Mind Manager) user I'm glad to hear about the planned direction. A good stable version is more important to me than rushing out a new feature set.

- Mark