MindMapping Webinar

Barb

Registered
Links to MindJet Blog

I actually found it virtually impossible to see any detail on Michael's maps on the MindJet site. Is it just me?

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Trouble too

I had trouble linking to that website also.

It took three times for that page to load properly for me. I'm using IE 6.0 which may or not be the issue. Hard to describe what I saw but it was just ... wrong.

But on the third attempt I could see the video and links to the Mind Manager templates.

Not sure if you had the same experience.

MichaelDeutch

Registered
Template issue?

Barb,

That's strange. Someone this morning contacted me and let me know that they're all working fine.

Can you email me and let me know what you're experiencing, what version are you using, and any screen shots that could illustrate the issue? You have my email, but just in case...michael.deutch@mindjet.com

Thanks,
Michael

Barb

Registered
Give me some time

Just sent, thanks to Snag it!

By the way, I'm just seeing screen shots...not actual maps. And they are just really blurry.

MichaelDeutch

Registered
Issue downloading templates?

Thanks Barb.

I think I've discovered what is happening here. When you download the templates from the Mindjet blog, make sure you're saving them as .MMAP files. Otherwise, your system is thinking they're compressed folders or zip files.

Barb

Registered
Here's what I'm doing

From your blog, I right click on a link (save target as). The only options I'm given are zipped files (which are blurry or garbage) and "all files" which still gives me a zipped file.

What am I doing wrong? There is no way to save this as a .mmap file that I can see.

MichaelDeutch

Registered
Added 1 zip file to the Mindjet Blog post with all maps from the webinar

Barb highlighted an issue where maps cannot be downloaded from the blog using Internet Explorer. I've added a zip file onto the post that contains all the maps to make it easier to download. Hopefully, in the short-term, this should resolve the issue.

Have a great weekend!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Thanks Michael!

We really appreciate you going the extra mile for our Connect members!

How about Mindmapping Part II Webinar in early 2010 for our members?

Barb

Registered
Yay Michael!

I was beginning to think I was crazy! Thanks for fixing us up, Michael. No problems now!

I'd LOVE Mapping part II. Maybe focus on mapping out a project or something?

Bruce2

Registered
Discount for Connect Members?

I hate to be cheeky but is there a chance we can get a discount for MindManager software?

MichaelDeutch

Registered
Mapping Webinar II plus...can you help me out with a small favor?

Yes! I'd be happy to share more with you all. I could focus on projects next time and take recommendations via a poll if we want to do others. I'll coordinate with Kelly offline.

:idea: Request for everyone who participated... If you found the webinar on mapping valuable/inspiring, could you please connect with me in LinkedIn and add a recommendation? (Bruce, is this too cheeky?)

As part of my own horizons of focus & professional development, I'm cultivating my professional speaking abilities. :eek:

I'd like to use your referrals (via LinkedIn) as references when applying for additional speaking events / opportunities.

Many, many thanks for all the feedback!

P.S. Bruce - I'll see what I can swing!

Barb

Registered
Had fun during today's weekly review

I had a good time playing with Michael's templates during my WR this morning. Since nobody other than me seemed to have a problem downloading the files, I HAVE to ask:

Am I the last person on the planet still using Internet Explorer? Should I switch to something else? This is the first time I've ever had an issue downloading anything, but now I feel like I might really be missing something.

Bruce2

Registered
LinkedIn

Not at all! Would be honored to add you to my LinkedIn. Great seminar for sure, and the software sends the others packing!

Thanks for any help

--Bruce

MichaelDeutch;73963 said:
Yes! I'd be happy to share more with you all. I could focus on projects next time and take recommendations via a poll if we want to do others. I'll coordinate with Kelly offline.

:idea: Request for everyone who participated... If you found the webinar on mapping valuable/inspiring, could you please connect with me in LinkedIn and add a recommendation? (Bruce, is this too cheeky?)

As part of my own horizons of focus & professional development, I'm cultivating my professional speaking abilities. :eek:

I'd like to use your referrals (via LinkedIn) as references when applying for additional speaking events / opportunities.

Many, many thanks for all the feedback!

P.S. Bruce - I'll see what I can swing!

sdann

Registered
MichaelDeutch;73908 said:
Barb highlighted an issue where maps cannot be downloaded from the blog using Internet Explorer. I've added a zip file onto the post that contains all the maps to make it easier to download. Hopefully, in the short-term, this should resolve the issue.

Have a great weekend!

That may work for your mindmapping webinar, but you don't have that for the link to the balanced scorecard strategy from the mindmanager blog today. Can you please help?

MichaelDeutch

Registered
Updated! Balanced Scorecard Strategy Map

No problem. I think habit took over when I posted the blog and forgot about the IE issue! I've updated the post with an extra link to download the file in a zip file.

For my US neighbors...have a great thanksgiving.

For everyone else...have a great weekend!