• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Minimizing Inboxes with Google Voice

I am always trying to find a way to cut down on the number of inboxes in my life. My work issues me a Blackberry and I have a Droid for personal use. This lends itself to a number of annoyances, which the service Google Voice has helped me correct.

First off, I got a new Google Voice number. I then took that number and "linked" it to my two existing cell phones. This allowed to configure Google Voice as the voicemail service for both cell phones. I now have ONE inbox to check for voicemail instead of two.

I also give people my Google Voice number for texting. I installed the Google Voice app on both my phones and my texts go to both phones.

And, there's a web interface for it all that you can sync to.

Not a Google employee, just a happy customer.

http://voice.google.com
 
Top