Mix Context & Due Date

Hasan Bjaili

Registered
Hello
I have been seen so many people are making task and adding Contexts; for example, HOME then adding a due date. Is this a good GTD practice?
Thank you

gtdstudente

Registered
Mr. Bjaili, While "Due Dates" are usually Calendar items, everything on Contexts>Tasks are as soon a possible (ASAP) items. However, you might want to consider/try for a week "When Entered Date," which requires no future thinking, to each item on your Contexts/Tasks list to simply inform yourself what is lagging. Overtime, hopefully this will improve expeditiously what to do intuitively on your Contexts/Tasks lists and adds a "worthwhile" benefit for including an entry date. This "time-stamp approach" might also be psychologically less stressful than having unnecessary "bossy" Due-Dates every time you look at your lists? Please be more kind to yourself! Thank you. Hope that makes sense. :)

Last edited:

Cpu_Modern

Registered
Then it would be standard plain-vanilla GTD practice to put them on the calendar instead.

I personally support this as well, for at least two reasons:

1. It makes the calendar complete. After all, if you have to do a certain task on a given day, you want to see that when you check the calendar.
2. It frees the context lists from these tasks.

Hasan Bjaili

Registered
Then it would be standard plain-vanilla GTD practice to put them on the calendar instead.

I personally support this as well, for at least two reasons:

1. It makes the calendar complete. After all, if you have to do a certain task on a given day, you want to see that when you check the calendar.
2. It frees the context lists from these tasks.
Right on.