• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

MSFT Outlook

  • Thread starter Thread starter ivirdi
  • Start date Start date
I

ivirdi

Guest
Hi, basically this is what i want to do. Everytime i get an email in outlook, i want to spool out the persons email address in some sort of .txt file, it can be pipe/tab delimited or even one email on one line. Is there a way to create a rule in outlook that would handle such a case? Have any of you heard of this even being accomplished before?

Thanks in advance.

--I
 
ivirdi said:
Hi, basically this is what i want to do. Everytime i get an email in outlook, i want to spool out the persons email address in some sort of .txt file

I'm not sure why you want to do this, but I think the only way would be to write a COM add-in for Outlook that monitored for new messages and did the requisite processing. That's probably a non-trivial process, especially if you're not a programmer.

Tammy (recovering programmer )
 
Top