• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Mucho thanks to everyone for product recommendations!

I get the forums via RSS each day (thanks so much for that feature!!!!) and have made a number of product purchases based on recommendations from this group:

1) I got a diving slate. I forgot who suggested that, but you are a freaking genius! What a super idea for recording notes in the shower. They are so cheap too! I got one for $10 at scuba.com.

2) I purchased MindManager X5 Pro. What a super program for laying out ideas! A shame it doesn't include project tracking and various charts or I would just get rid of Microsoft Project. Why would you want to lay out a project in Project when you can do it visually and intuitively in MindManager. PCMall.com is selling MindManager X5 Pro for $235 right now. Much better than the $350 Mindjet wants.

3) Just purchased Getting Things Done Fast! I'm anxious to hear the 2-day seminar via CD. Should be helpful. I already own Getting Things Done and Ready For Anything on CD.

4) I purchased Managing Management Time: Who's Got the Monkey? by William Oncken. That was hard to get since it's out of print. Thankfully, in the Internet age, I was able to get it as a used book on Amazon. Very good read and helpful to me. I'm already "moving my fulcrum". :-)

5) I purchased Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morgenstern and already looking for Making Work Work to come out on CD.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions people! I see every forum post but don't respond much.

Let me make a suggestion. I see lots of debates about where to put notes on your PC. I use My Notes Center - http://mynotescenter.com/. The program lets you create notes in a hierarchical tree. Really nice. The notes are free form text. Works great for me and the price is very nice - $25.00. I've been running GTD out of My Notes Center for a couple of years now. Really helpful.

One of the nice things you can do with My Notes Center is have it "pop up" when you press a certain key or combination. That's really handy for all the interruptions we're all trying to catch and trap in our systems.

Like I said before, I read every post that's created but don't post as much as I would like. Thanks for all the suggestions and even more, thanks for all the encouragement as I see everyone struggling/wrestling with implementing GTD each and every moment.
 
Ready for Anything CDs

Just an FYI to everyone - the 'Ready for Anything' cd's are NOT read by David.

I own "Getting things Done Fast" and have gotten so used to his voice and energy that hearing Brian Keeler narrate on "Ready for Anything" was horribly disappointing. In fact, I couldn't listen for more than a couple of minutes before putting them away. Back to the library they go... sure am glad I tried them before buying them.

David - please record this yourself!

Kim D
 
You must be referring to the unabridged book on CD: the abridged version does have David reading (except for the chapter titles).

GG
 
Top