• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Multiple devices in my life

I have a desktop PC, a laptop PC that I travel with, an iMac at home, a blackberry (considering an iPhone), and an iPad, and a short attention span. :)
I use the GTD Outlook Add-in on the Desktop. I am clueless as to how I can keep the system going when I am not tethered to the desktop. Guidance?

Thanks,

Bill
 
Pocket Informant might be your answer

You can get an iPhone and iPad version (and a BB version).

If you set them to sync with outlook (WebIS have a sync'ing tool), then you can carry your Action lists around with you (then you don't need the Desktop/ laptop/ iMac when you're out and about).

I used this system for a while and it worked well for me - not sure the special features that the Outlook Plug-in will be transferred though...

HTH

Nick
 
Bill S;85949 said:
I have a desktop PC, a laptop PC that I travel with, an iMac at home, a blackberry (considering an iPhone), and an iPad, and a short attention span. :)
I use the GTD Outlook Add-in on the Desktop. I am clueless as to how I can keep the system going when I am not tethered to the desktop. Guidance?

Consider transitioning to an online service like Toodledo (which also has an iphone client for offline use).
 
Print your lists from Outlook and take them with you.

Bill S;85949 said:
I use the GTD Outlook Add-in on the Desktop. I am clueless as to how I can keep the system going when I am not tethered to the desktop. Guidance?

Print your lists from Outlook and take them with you.
 
Bill S;85949 said:
I have a desktop PC, a laptop PC that I travel with, an iMac at home, a blackberry (considering an iPhone), and an iPad, and a short attention span. :)
I use the GTD Outlook Add-in on the Desktop. I am clueless as to how I can keep the system going when I am not tethered to the desktop. Guidance?

Thanks,

Bill

Outlook and/or an iPhone are all viable options.
 
Top