My 30 day project with GTD and Toodledo.com

Gravity

Registered
I'm more of a fan and believer than practitioner... That said, I'm committing myself to a 30 day commitment to committing to commit to GTD with Toodledo. Yeah, I'm really committing now.

If you want to see my notes, they are at http://30daysnewlife.blogspot.com/p/aprils-30-day-project-using-toodledocom.html

I'm no kind of pro blogger and my notes are coarse in places, but I am learning more by articulating and I'm going to do a big wrap up post of my whole system. If you're interested, please ask.

PeterW

Registered
Great to hear that you're using Toodledo... I've been using this system for about 6 months now (and syncing it with Appigo Todo on the iPhone) and think it is awesome.

Good luck with your progress! :D

dragko

Registered
I have been using Toodoledo for around 6 months and the forums over their is acctually how I heard about GTD in the first place. There was lots of praise so I flipped on my kindle and purchace David's first book. I was hook from the introduction. This system speaks to me and is a very welcome addition to bring focus to my ever expanding list in Toodoledo.

Now with the organization I am getting from following the GTD method Toodoledo has become my lifelline. The combination of the two is well done and although I am BETA testing Nirvana it has not really impressed me other than esthetically.

I am currently nearing the close of my 14 day trial of GTD connect and am struggling with the idea of another expense but I think I might bite the bullet. For my sanity.

Dragko

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
The Road to Black Belt "boot camp" series is coming to Connect in May if you want to hang on for another month. It's the first time we've done something like this and will be a way to dive deeper into the 5 phases of GTD. It's runs 3 consecutive Fridays at 10am PT. I'm doing it with another senior coach, Meg Edwards.

We'd love to have you stick around!

rdgeorge

Registered
I have certainly enjoyed the various CD's purchased from Davidco which include commentary and insights from Meg Edwards. Very practical and immediately applicable.

rdgeorge

PeterW

Registered
dragko;78575 said:
Now with the organization I am getting from following the GTD method Toodoledo has become my lifelline. The combination of the two is well done and although I am BETA testing Nirvana it has not really impressed me other than esthetically.

I am currently nearing the close of my 14 day trial of GTD connect and am struggling with the idea of another expense but I think I might bite the bullet. For my sanity.
I tried to sign up to Nirvana as I had a small window of time to review it. By the time they finally got back to me with a sign-up invitation (about 6 weeks) it was too late. Toodledo works well and with the style addins looks good enough for me.

I haven't tried connect yet - seems expensive. And I am in Australia so can't make any use of events/deals that happen in North America.

Oogiem

Registered
PeterW;78648 said:
I haven't tried connect yet - seems expensive. And I am in Australia so can't make any use of events/deals that happen in North America.

It is expensive. I'm in rural America and I can't take advantage of any of the events either but I find the connect fee worth the price I pay for it. There is so much available that I can download and study at my leisure. Great support for the books (I have all 3 on my kindle). I'd suggest trying it on the free trial and see, there is a lot you can take advantage of even on the trial period.

MKronstadt

Registered
Peter W.

I've just started trying Toodledo, too. What led you to Appigo ToDo? The list I'm most comfortable with on my iPhone is a full list of next actions, sorted by Context. I can do that with the Toodledo app, but can't seem to get such a list in Appigo ToDo.

Michael

PeterW;78509 said:
Great to hear that you're using Toodledo... I've been using this system for about 6 months now (and syncing it with Appigo Todo on the iPhone) and think it is awesome.

Good luck with your progress! :D

PeterW

Registered
MKronstadt;78736 said:
Peter W.

I've just started trying Toodledo, too. What led you to Appigo ToDo? The list I'm most comfortable with on my iPhone is a full list of next actions, sorted by Context. I can do that with the Toodledo app, but can't seem to get such a list in Appigo ToDo.

Hi Michael,

Appigo Todo does not have the ability to sort by context, but you can filter by context which is what I usually do. Once I've done that, I can look at any list by context. I have four basic folders as per the screenshot below:
photo1.jpg

Regards,
Peter.

JDMAvery

Registered
Connect might seem expensive until you start digging through all the content.....

PeterW;78648 said:
I tried to sign up to Nirvana as I had a small window of time to review it. By the time they finally got back to me with a sign-up invitation (about 6 weeks) it was too late. Toodledo works well and with the style addins looks good enough for me.

Hi PeterW,

I am also in Australia, I have found connect excellent value.
I do find that I am up very early for the webinars (3am & 4am) but those days are often the most productive.

What is brilliant is that if you don't want to get up at 4am, all the webinars are available on line a day or two after the event, so you get the good oil with out the early start & can review it as often as you want.

Lots of History, Lots of audio, lots of reference material.

I find as a question comes up, I can usually find something on connect and so download it and listen/watch at a point that suits me.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Thanks for the kind words about GTD Connect. We are proud of the value it provides for $48. You can also do an annual membership for $480 per year or $360 for non-profits/education/gov't.

The only thing you won't be able to do as a free trial member is download any content or set up the podcast. But you can listen to hundreds of hours of audio and video content through the players on the site. Enjoy!