• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

My Favorite PowerPoint Resources

I posted an article yesterday about my favorite PowerPoint resources. If you want to beef up your presentations and have more impact, I think you will find the article helpful. Thanks.
 
Thanks, Michael! I appreciate the comprehensive listing of resources- should give me just the inspiration I need to get this PowerPoint I need to complete for my boss done this week.
 
Guy Kawasaki, the high-energy former "evangelist" for Apple (and a college classmate of mine, though I don't recall that we ever met) has what he calls the 10/20/30 rule of PowerPoint presentations: No more than 10 slides, no longer than 20 minutes, and not less than 30-point type! That may be a bit extreme, but I tried following that model for a recent presentation I did, and it worked pretty well. (I didn't check on the 30-point type, but I must've been close.)

I've really had to learn to keep my slides simple and uncluttered. Too much text is a killer. Also, I've seen too many people who just read from their slides. Boring!! Face the crowd and speak to them! (Of course, in my latest presentation, it helped that we have an additional screen in the back of the room that I could glance at to make sure the right slide was displayed . . .)

I am definitely no zen master when it comes to PowerPoints, so these suggestions and tips are all very helpful.

Randy
 
Top