My Life Organized Software

TkachukA

Registered
tedpenner;69702 said:
Why a desktop app? Why not a web app? Desktop apps are outdated IMHO. I have at least 3 PCs I access daily. Often an install is prohibited or doesn't make sense. Will it be possible to access MILO over the web without installing anything as well?

Yes you are right about web apps. However we need time to develop it right. Still thinking about it.

We have solid desktop MLO application which runs from your USB stick and does not require installation.

So we decided to start using Internet sync to allow users to sync between Desktop app and their mobile devices over the air first and then we will think about the web app.

We can discuss it further on our forum.

Andrey.

TkachukA

Registered
tedpenner;69706 said:
What programming skills are needed to develop a web app for this. I might be able to find you one inexpensively, test them to ensure they have the particular skill set, and let you have them.

Thanks!
Replied to private message.

TkachukA

Registered
paper-edv;69739 said:
Are there plans to make a german version of MLO?

We already localized MLO and released Russian version. So we plan to release MLO with functionality to integrate translations to other laguages. Once we ready anyone can translate the resources and integrate them to MLO. And there are people who already willing to translate from English to German, Spanish etc...

Andrey.

TkachukA

Registered
MyLifeOrganized version 3.5.0

We have just released MLO version 3.5.0

Manual sorting in to-do, starred view, alternative completion and more improvements carefully selected from the list of suggestions on our community.

See the full change log

MLO on new mobile platforms- coming soon!

iPhone-screenshot.jpg

We are working to release MLO on the following mobile platforms:

iPhone

BlackBerry

Android

Please subscribe to the corresponding mailing list to receive notification about the release dates.

Andrey.
http://mylifeorganized.net

P

productivity

TkachukA;78071 said:
We have just released MLO version 3.5.0

Wow, this is so exciting! I can't wait to try this one soon...thanks for sharing!:D

AlHank

Registered
Andrey,

TkachukA;78071 said:
We are working to release MLO on the following mobile platforms:

I am currently trialing MyLifeOrganized and so far am quite impressed. I do have a few questions though:
1) If I purchase MyLifeOrganized for iPhone will I be able to sync my data with PC without MLO-Cloud? Will you support WiFi sync to my PC?
2) How does NearBy feature work on MLO for iPhone?
3) The software package looks quite expensive to me $9.99 for iPhone + $59.95 for Windows. Do you plan any sales or discounts in the nearest time?

Thank you.
Al

TkachukA

Registered
AlHank;85443 said:
Andrey,

I am currently trialing MyLifeOrganized and so far am quite impressed. I do have a few questions though:
1) If I purchase MyLifeOrganized for iPhone will I be able to sync my data with PC without MLO-Cloud? Will you support WiFi sync to my PC?
2) How does NearBy feature work on MLO for iPhone?
3) The software package looks quite expensive to me $9.99 for iPhone + $59.95 for Windows. Do you plan any sales or discounts in the nearest time?

Thank you.
Al

Hi Al,

The current version of MLO for iPhone supports MLO-Cloud so that you can sync anywhere.
We are working on WiFi sync and it will be available in next versions. In addition to the Cloud sync you will be able to sync to your PC connected to the same WiFi network.

You can assign a location for any context in MLO-iPhone. Then MLO can show you the tasks which can be done near you (tasks with assigned contexts which have locations).
he NearBy view shows only the Next Actions sorted by the distance to the assigned locations. The actions which are already completed or not ready for the completion yet are NOT shown. So you always see only Active Actions ready for your attention near you.
For example: you can assign a Location for the context @Office. Now when you near your Office you will see your Office tasks on top automatically in NearBy view. If task assigned to @office depends on other task or scheduled to future it will not be shown. When this task is ready (other task completed or it is time for the scheduled action) the task will appear in NearBy view automatically.

To add more power to this feature you can include one context into another. This way if you can do a task in different locations such as shopping you can create a context for each shop with location and then include all shops to a single context @Shopping. Now when you select NearBy feature you just need to filter the tasks by @Shopping and you will see all your shopping tasks with the nearest shop on top.

Note that since contexts have Open/Closed hours you will see the tasks for this contexts only if this context is open now. So if the shop is closed you will not see the tasks since you cannot complete them.

You can see how other people use MLO-iPhone NearBy feature on our forum in this thread.

We are running a contest now where you can win a fully loaded MyLifeOrganized pack with Desktop version, Mobile version and Cloud included! You just need to tweet why you love MLO:
http://mylifeorganized.net/I-Love-MLO/

Andrey
http://mylifeorganized.net

AaronJ16

Registered
tominperu;38149 said:
But, when I write a next action (or task) I don't always want to assign a project to it. In Life Organized, this is actually quite difficult. It always enters the action within a project by default and it takes work to take it out of a project.
Tom

Hey Tom,

I just started experimenting with the Light version today and ran into the same thing. My workaround is simply to create a "one-offs" and/or "unassigned" project that contains a list of actions not associated with a project, or bound for future but presently unknown designation. This seems to work well. Also, it seems quite easy to take tasks in and out of projects-drag and drop.