• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

My Outlook/Blackberry Implimentation-Am I too simplistic?

All,

I am relatively new to GTD implementation. I've done a lot of reading on this forum and else where, looked at different programs for the BB, Outlook add-ins, etc. and, while many of them are quite powerful, and probably very helpful, I'm just not sure I need anything other than Outlook and my BB.

Here's how I do it:

1. Utilize contexts using @, filter to sort (I really appreciate being able to assign multiple contexts
2. Keep a list of open projects in the task list
3. Use the calendar for the "hard edges" of day specific actions and time specific actions
4. Use memo pad and voice notes recorder for capture (I also carry a notepad everywhere I go)

That is basically it. My question to the forum is, what am I missing? What essential (in your opinion) functionality I am depriving myself of by not using a more sophisticated system for implementation? I am still looking at upgrading my system, so to speak, but I've just finished my trial with Viira and I am not going to purchase it.
 
It seems to work great. There really isn't anything I miss as long as I remember to maintain vigilance, especially as it relates to capturing everything that's going on in my world.

What do you use?
 
Top