New GTD Connect Menus

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hello Members!

Some of you may have noticed that the GTD Connect navigation has a new look and feel. You'll now find main headings and new drop down menus below each one of those with related content. It should be much easier to get to the main areas of the site this way.

We hope you find this to be a useful improvement to the site. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions around any of that.

Note: this change has only been implemented so far on the main GTD Connect site. The navigation bar in the forums will be changing next week.

Thanks!
Kelly

Attached files

Barb

Registered
Like it but

I like the new look, but had trouble finding the Connect forums this morning. I got bounced out of the site and into the public forums. I'm not even sure how I got here now. :p

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Barb;106647 said:
I like the new look, but had trouble finding the Connect forums this morning. I got bounced out of the site and into the public forums. I'm not even sure how I got here now. :p

Odd. Please do let us know if that happens again Barb. Glad you found your way back to the nest!

mwinn

Registered
Happened to me, too

I tapped on Community Forums (from iPhone), didn't see anything that looked like what I wanted & was bounced to the Public forums before I made a choice.

I re-logged in & got here by scrolling down on the main Connect screen to recent activity, saw this post & thought "maybe that will tell me how to get to the forums", and here I am. Still don't know how else I would get here...

Let me know if there's any more info I can provide.

Margaret

TesTeq

Registered
Gray header background.

When I saw a gray header background I was afraid that something bad had happened. But fortunately not.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
mwinn;106656 said:
I tapped on Community Forums (from iPhone), didn't see anything that looked like what I wanted & was bounced to the Public forums before I made a choice.

I re-logged in & got here by scrolling down on the main Connect screen to recent activity, saw this post & thought "maybe that will tell me how to get to the forums", and here I am. Still don't know how else I would get here...

Let me know if there's any more info I can provide.

Margaret

Thanks, this helps. So sorry for this odd behavior. I've alerted IT to get on it asap.

Kelly

enyonam

Registered
Bookmarks

Oh interesting. I hadn't noticed the changes as I bookmark the forum directly and this is what I launch on a daily basis. The banner of the forum page hasn't changed.

Barb

Registered
What's happening now

OK, I normally go straight to the forums too, like Enyo. But this morning and again just now I was on the home page. When I navigated over to the forums using the tabs at the top of the page, it threw me into the public forum and logged me out.

TesTeq

Registered
Error message.

I've just seen the following error message at the top of the GTD Connect main page:

Firefox said:
Warning: mysql_connect(): User davidco already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /var/www/html/secure/connect/index.php on line 82 Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/secure/connect/index.php on line 83 Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/secure/connect/index.php on line 85

S-Tolland

Registered
I'm afraid it is throwing me into the public forums as well. When I linked to "New Discussions" a couple of days ago it worked ok but doesn't now...

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
We're working on it, and should have improvement very soon. I'm very sorry about the inconvenience this has caused to you, our members.

For the moment, what works for me is to click on a forum discussion on the Latest Activity feed on the home page of GTD Connect. That takes me into the forum, and from there I can click on New Posts.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Fixed!

Hi GTD Connect members,

The issue was fixed a few hours ago, and we've been testing to confirm that it stays fixed. At this point the menus and links are working as expected. Please post or email connect@davidco.com if you notice anything else unusual.

Thanks for your participation in the forum discussions.

Best,
John

TesTeq

Registered
Error message still displayed!

TesTeq;106674 said:
I've just seen the following error message at the top of the GTD Connect main page:

And what about this error message that is still displayed?

Barb

Registered
Further troubleshooting

TesTeq;106704 said:

Since TesTeq is using FireFox, I thought I'd mention that I'm using FireFox as well and not seeing the error message he's seeing.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
TesTeq;106704 said:

Hi TesTeq,

I just talked with our senior web developer. He says that the error message you saw was caused by a different issue. (Which of course showed up when we changed the menus. Life seems to be like that.) He says that condition should be resolved now.

Could you try clearing your cache and let me know if the message shows up again? If you would rather 'talk' outside this forum discussion, just send me an email at connect@davidco.com.

Best,
John

TesTeq

Registered
Probably resolved.

John Forrister;106715 said:
I just talked with our senior web developer. He says that the error message you saw was caused by a different issue. (Which of course showed up when we changed the menus. Life seems to be like that.) He says that condition should be resolved now.

Probably resolved. I do not see this message any more. Thank you.