New GTD Coordinator

Claudia Volkman

Registered
Is anyone using the new GTD Coordinator? I'm looking for feedback... For the last two years I've been using paper planners with GTD (with varying success). It looks like you could print out the forms, but basically I stink at that and hate fiddling with my printer. I'm considering giving it a try and using it electronically - but I'd love to hear others' experiences with it first.
Thanks!

leibman

Registered
I've used it off and on for the past three years (I should mention I wasn't printing it--I was using the binder and pre-printed planner/refills DavidCo and Staples sold. I believe they have now been discontinued). I liked it, and I think it is a good fit if you like paper planners. That said, I did spend just as much time fiddling with it and changing things around as I have with any software tool.

The big strength for me was education. The complete GTD Coordinator planner included several pages of summarized GTD content, plus examples of how to use the various forms and sections. That informed a lot of how I've done GTD on paper ever since (I'm currently using a small-sized Arc notebook from Staples as my GTD list manager, informed largely by my experience with the GTD Coordinator).

So, anyhow, I guess what I'm saying is I liked it as a physical product, but if it's only a digital product now I would recommend looking at it for instruction on how to structure your paper-based system and then go with whatever physical planner product fits your tastes (especially if you dislike printing).

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Thanks for posting this thread.

For 2015, we're looking into offering a physical product again, similar to the Coordinator.

For 2014, we are offering it as a downloadable digital product. The GTD Organizer comes as a set of editable PDFs that can be used in several effective ways. One PDF is the complete Organizer, the other PDFs are the separate sections of the complete Organizer, in case you want to use the sections individually.

1. As a PDF file that you type into and store electronically
2. As a PDF file that you type into and print for your paper organizer
3. As paper forms that you print and write on in your paper organizer

https://secure.davidco.com/store/catalog/Organizers-p-1-c-300.php

johnmcoulter

Registered
Please Keep Digital?

Please keep the digital one available if possible, even if you do return to physical product. The ability to reprint pages if events change or errors are made in writing on them is invaluable to those of us that are allergic to crossing things out!

John

John Forrister;112723 said:
Thanks for posting this thread.

For 2015, we're looking into offering a physical product again, similar to the Coordinator.

For 2014, we are offering it as a downloadable digital product. The GTD Organizer comes as a set of editable PDFs that can be used in several effective ways. One PDF is the complete Organizer, the other PDFs are the separate sections of the complete Organizer, in case you want to use the sections individually.

1. As a PDF file that you type into and store electronically
2. As a PDF file that you type into and print for your paper organizer
3. As paper forms that you print and write on in your paper organizer

https://secure.davidco.com/store/catalog/Organizers-p-1-c-300.php

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
johnmcoulter;112725 said:
Please keep the digital one available if possible, even if you do return to physical product. The ability to reprint pages if events change or errors are made in writing on them is invaluable to those of us that are allergic to crossing things out!

John

Hi John, yes, we'll absolutely keep an editable, printable digital version. That has been tremendously popular.

Birdingtn

Registered
Plus One for the digital Coordinator

I have used the PDF version of the Coordinator. It is great being able to print the forms with my personal information included.

The digital version also comes with a setup guide that gives ideas and basic GTD methodology.

Mike