New GTD® iPad® Guide now available for GTD Connect members

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hello there GTD Connect members!

On the heels of the wildly successful GTD & iPhone Guide that just came out, we just released the GTD & iPad® Guide. It's now available for free download from the Document Library for all GTD Connect members. It will be available to the general public through our Store in a few days.

WHY TWO GUIDES?
While these two Guides are very similar, there are some slight differences in the Reminders application on the iPhone vs. iPad. We wanted users on each device to see screen shots and instructions that would match their Apple device.

Kelly

DenaDahilig

Registered
"Siri, thank Kelly for iPad Guide"

Thanks for creating the Guide, Kelly. I've never used one of them before so it was nice to see the information so clearly.

I haven't taken the time to really work with Siri, so your suggestions for implementation are a good starting point. It never occurred to me to use, for example, the "Read..." feature. I thought of Siri only for inputing information, not for recall. That's makes the Guide immediately useful!

Good job! :D

Dena

Billsy

Registered
Creating New Folders in Mail

Thank you for the IPad Guide. I am not able to figure out how to create new folders in Mail. When I go to the Mailbox for the account, I only have Inbox, Drafts, Sent, and Trash. How do I add the @folders that you describe in the Guide?

mcogilvie

Registered
Billsy;106138 said:
Thank you for the IPad Guide. I am not able to figure out how to create new folders in Mail. When I go to the Mailbox for the account, I only have Inbox, Drafts, Sent, and Trash. How do I add the @folders that you describe in the Guide?

Above the folder list, press edit, then press the new folder button that appears below the folder list.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
artsinaction;106131 said:
Thanks for creating the Guide, Kelly. I've never used one of them before so it was nice to see the information so clearly.

I haven't taken the time to really work with Siri, so your suggestions for implementation are a good starting point. It never occurred to me to use, for example, the "Read..." feature. I thought of Siri only for inputting information, not for recall. That's makes the Guide immediately useful!

Good job! :D

Dena

Thanks Dena!

I had fun learning Siri too, which I had not done much with before. Turns out, she can do lots of weird and wonderful things!

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Good Stuff

These iOS guides are really good.

I think someone who implements GTD with these tools first would be in a much better position to migrate to other tools down the line.

For example, if you get really good at Reminders then later moving thoses lists to OmniFocus is an option that wouldn't be so daunting. Similarly you could move from Notes to Evernote.

But get the GTD part down FIRST.
(my suggestion)