• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

New GTD software for Mac users

Hello all. Thought I'd pass along news that someone's modified the third-party application OmniOutliner specifically for GTD. It's still a work in progress, but it's sharp and getting a lot of traction in a remarkably short time.

Here's an overview of the freeware mods:

http://kinkless.com/pages/kgtd

And here's a link to a very Mac-centric GTD-oriented site that hails the KGTD modifications:

http://www.43folders.com/2005/10/review_kinkless.html

Finally, here's a link to the non-modified OmniOutliner software:

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnioutliner/

I should note that I'm not affiliated with any of these operations; just a Mac-using GTD fan who's always on the lookout for clean, attractive tools.

Tim
 
I hadn't read that article in the Coach's Corner because I don't have (or use) a Mac. I did read it today, though, and found your thoughts about managing lists quite useful, no matter what technology or lack thereof one uses.

Thanks for the link.

Carolyn
 
Kgtd

i downloaded a trial version of Omni Outliner and registered for a short full activation to try out the Kinkless GTD system. Although there's a couple kinks being worked out, i can say it single-handedly got my GTD processes for several projects unstuck in the last 24 hours. i'm now outlining college course study guides, my GTD system, project brainstorming....

i *highly* recommend trying out Omni Outliner and The Kinkless GTD system.
 
Top