New setup guide: GTD & Outlook 2019 for Windows

Paul Vahur

GTD Estonia gtd.ee
Do you know how much it differs from Outlook 2016 guide? I thought that I was using Outlook 2016 but when I'm in the program I can't find the version information...

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Do you know how much it differs from Outlook 2016 guide? I thought that I was using Outlook 2016 but when I'm in the program I can't find the version information...
It differs some. We found the 2019 version had enough changes that a new guide was warranted. You can find your version by clicking on the File menu, then Office Account, then About Outlook.

Paul Vahur

GTD Estonia gtd.ee
Thanks, I have Outlook for Microsoft 365 MSO. I used 2016 guide setting it up and didn't notice any issues, for what it's worth.

anthonyg36

Registered
Hi John, I'm using Outlook 365 on my Windows 10 desktop. One of the key differences its seems between your earlier and newer Outlook setup guides, is whether or not they have you use "categories" for your tasks, vs "sub-folders". From what I can tell, the newer guides have you use the sub-folder method, because they play and sync nicer with Microsoft "To do", but what if I don't want to use "To do" on my desktop or android device? What if I want to keep everything within Outlook? BTW, I prefer to sync and store my data "locally" via USB, BT, etc, and NOT via the cloud/Active-sync. There is a sync company over 20 years old that apparently is good at this called "CompanionLink". Given my requirements and preferences, which setup guide would you recommend I use? Thx.