New Slice of GTD Life with Dena

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I just posted a new Slice of GTD Life with your fellow member and forum aficionado, Dena (artsinaction).

I created two versions for you:
Video
Audio Only

I'm still having some issues with my video recorder capturing the audio tracks at different levels, so you will hear me slightly louder than Dena. I did as much as I could to normalize the tracks, but it's still a bit off. For that reason, you may prefer the audio only version.

Dena was a total pleasure to interview. Several of you nominated her for this as well, so I hope you enjoy listening as much I enjoyed recording it.

Kelly

p.s. I would love more nominations for this series. If you think someone would make a great subject for Slice of GTD Life, please shoot me an email or post your suggestion here in the forums. To see who I've already recorded, go here.

Barb

Registered
3 words

Dena,

You were mah-ve-lous! You were just as fun during this interview as you are in the Forum. No surprise, of course. ;)

CJSullivan

Registered
Amateurs vs. Professionals

Really interesting, Dena! And the thing that stuck out for me was the discussion about the future of the graphic design industry. I think that, while ubiquitous access to programs like Photoshop, and - as another example - the whole "blogosphere" for writers, is really great in that it allows people a level of self-expression and creativity hitherto unavailable, it also dilutes the professional aspects of these activities. As Kelly mentioned, photography is the same thing.

I don't have any answers, but I think there's a danger in forgetting that, just because you know how to use Photoshop, or have access to millions of people through WordPress, you don't necessarily have the same level of expertise in terms of the craft and discipline of photography or writing...

Just a subject near and dear to my heart!

Great job, Dena!