New Slice of GTD Life with John Coulter

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi GTD Connect members,

Our new Slice of GTD Life recording is with John Coulter. He has inspiring stories about his use of the horizons of focus and the threefold nature of work. I think you'll be inspired by his success with the power of outcome thinking. And there's an interesting note about how a new area of focus led him to split his system for the first time ever.

Enjoy!

https://gettingthingsdone.com/connect/multimedia/audio.php?titleid=633&trackid=1258

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
tawaters said:
Thanks John! Might we get a download button on that page and also have it added to http://gettingthingsdone.com/connect/podcast.php?

Tom, as my friend Homer Simpson would say, "Doh!" Something got messed up with the .mp3 file, so it was playing on the GTD Connect site, but not allowing download, or showing in the podcast feed. I've reconverted the original recording and uploaded again.

It's showing correctly for me now, with the download button, and in the podcast feed. Please let me know if it's not showing up for you. Thanks!

tawaters

Registered
Thanks John! Yes, it downloads fine now.
I seem to be taking on the roll of podcast tester ;) - I saw the new audio & video for the Ole-Kenneth Nilsen interview & tried them out too. They play & download fine from the website, but iTunes doesn't like them - I suspect it doesn't like the space between Kenneth & Nilsen in the mp3 & m4v file names. (The space was converted to %20 in the tags in the connect/podcast.php.)

Tom

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Tom, it took me awhile, but I re-formatted and re-uploaded those files. Please try again if you get a chance, and let me know if they work now.

TesTeq

Registered
I've just listened John Coulter's Slice of GTD Life and it's yet another proof that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear...

tawaters

Registered
John Forrister said:
Tom, it took me awhile, but I re-formatted and re-uploaded those files. Please try again if you get a chance, and let me know if they work now.

Thanks John, I checked last night & they download fine now!

johnmcoulter

Registered
TesTeq said:
I've just listened John Coulter's Slice of GTD Life and it's yet another proof that when the student is ready, the teacher will appear...

Hi Testeq:

You're not kidding! Could not have imagined when I started this journey how far it would take me. Was very glad to be able to share some higher Horizon stuff as well, so people can see that there really is more to this than projects, next actions, and a zero inbox.

John

DenaDahilig

Registered
Hi, John! Great "Slice"!

I really identified with needing to separate your Cape Cod place from the rest of your system. I'm president of a volunteer arts organization and have been doing those weekly reviews separately for a few months now. Knowing it has its own space is an incredible relief to the rest of my system.

I also loved the discussion of higher horizons. It's been transformational in my life, too... and hearing about how you flowed with the changes was inspiring.

All the best!

Dena