New two-minute tips from David Allen

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
David Allen has been recording a set of "Two-Minute Tips for Turbulent Times." There are ten so far, and we have just posted them in video and audio. As a bonus, each one includes a transcript.

You can find them by choosing the category called Path of Mastery. You will see the ten most recent entries. We will be adding more as David records them in the next few days.

We are planning to start offering these in our public channels, but we wanted GTD Connect members to have first access to the full set.

1587768674813.png

TamaraM

Registered
We've just moved and I'm sitting here looking at an empty room, so the Rearrange Space video was a useful reminder to not just set things up the way they were at the old house. We need to think about what the room's best use really is.

Oogiem

Registered
I've tried to watch them like I do the normal videos but for some reason all of them stop and start a lot. It's not my internet connection, I've verified I have a good path and plenty of available bandwidth (we've been upgraded to 1GB Mbps symmetrical both up and down from our fiber to the home supplier) I can download and they play just fine but wanted you to know there might be some throttling at your host side for some reason.

Deirdre

Registered
I am having problems too with the videos. Everything else is streaming just fine but these are freezing up quite a bit. At least I can read the two minute tips. I will try again later.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
At first I thought they might be larger files. I checked the file sizes, and all of those new videos are well below the median size. I spot checked several of them to see if there was any freezing. So far I have not been able to reproduce the situation.

Anyone else having this issue?

Deirdre

Registered
At first I thought they might be larger files. I checked the file sizes, and all of those new videos are well below the median size. I spot checked several of them to see if there was any freezing. So far I have not been able to reproduce the situation.

John it was strange - the larger files played just fine. It was the two minute videos that would spin at the beginning, then freeze. Other sites were streaming just fine. Weird.

TesTeq

Registered

Yes, I had the same issue. Watching online was impossible. I've downloaded the files and watched them without a problem. The download speed was <250KB/s and did not depend on the number of files downloaded - at the beginning 10 files were being downloaded at that speed simultaneously, at the end the last remaining file was being downloaded at that speed.

Lauri

Registered
I can't play some of the videos. Other ones take a while to load. This happens both at work and at home. If the video does not play, I can't download it either.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I am seeing spinning when the page loads. Other pages/videos not in the Mastery section seem fine.
Steve, if you've got a moment, please try a couple of older (prior to April) videos in the Path of Mastery section. If those work, then it's more likely the issue is just with the April videos.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Rearrange Space - April 2020 (video) -- spins to start -- takes about 10 seconds. The Next Action one from Nov 2019 loads right away.
Very helpful feedback, Steve. That gives us a direction. We'll do some reformatting and upload new files soon.