New two-minute tips from David Allen

RS356

Registered
I’ve had the same loading issues as others, but the 2-minute videos that are on the Facebook page seem to load fine.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
We're planning to upload replacement videos over the weekend. In the meantime, any of you who can give more details, that may help to resolve. Thanks in advance.

What desktop or mobile operating system are you using?

What browser and version?

Does refreshing the page change the result?

Does changing the category or selecting a different video change the result?

sholden

Registered
John ...

OS - Chromebook (Chrome OS Version 83.0.4103.31 (Official Build) beta (64-bit))

I am not seeing much of change while reloading the more recent ones.

Changing to some of the older ones loads those quickly but doesn't seem to change the more recent ones.

Oogiem

Registered
What desktop or mobile operating system are you using?

What browser and version?

Does refreshing the page change the result?
Tried under Safari 13.1 under Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.4 on 2 different machines, old iMac and new MacBook Air
Tried under Firefox old rev on iMac, same result
Refreshing didn't help at all
Clearing cookies and resetting browser didn't help
Restarting both machines didn't help
Other videos and categories seem to work just fine.

Rhymin

GTD Connect
1001 likes!!! Im still amazed at how many new things I find every time i dive into gtdconnect.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Thanks very much for the additional info. There's definitely something awry on our side. It's not about your browser, OS, or cache. I will have an update on Tuesday morning.

Last edited:

Ger80C

Registered
For what it's worth, I watch those over the RSS/podcast feed on my iphone, and that worked well. I experience the same issues with intermittent playback on my desktop/the website.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Update on the two issues. We fixed the blank screen bug. Please tell me if you still see that.

Regarding the slow loading and intermittent playback, we will be uploading new two-minute videos in the next 24 hours that should solve the issue.

thomasbk

Registered
It was a pleasant surprise to wake to 20 new videos on my phone! I enjoy the tips as they're timely and relevant, and David is soothing during turbulent times. And given his passion for label makers, bonus points for using the old school label maker embossed typeface on the title cards. ;)